ID E83CC Tube - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2012, 06:01 PM   #11
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Brimar made an E83CC, but it had a box anode. Also known as CV4004 or 6057. They may sometimes have relabelled valves made by others. If it was made by Brimar it should have a factory code of the form nXm/977 or nXm/3977.

The box does not look genuine. I don't know about the valve. ITT Lorenz sometimes relabelled RFT valves made in East Germany.
Old 11th October 2012, 06:05 PM   #12
Banned

I'm not sure what the hell they are the plate structure looks wild as hell too lol like it has the ribbon slots etc but that middle part isn't the usual ladder looking type its about half/quarter as narrow and just 3 lines
Old 11th October 2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Banned

I bought them from tube-shop.com they still sell them I'm pretty sure sent them a email about it at first I was thinking it was a relabel of Ei yugo era tube but they said it was not Ei but they aren't too sure what it is either apparently lol
Old 11th October 2012, 06:14 PM   #14
Banned

That ITT Lorenz picture looks damn near Identical to it tho closest of anything else I have seen
Old 11th October 2012, 07:22 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Location: Near Eindhoven, the sanctum of the pentode. and among that other things.
Send a message via Skype™ to v4lve lover
That is a sylvania 12AX7 im 100% sure .

It cannot be European the grids are not In line whit the plates . they are at a 90 degree angle

the lack of a seam on the top. Or the fat Bulb seen in the RFT tubes further excludes Europe as a whole

The 6 slots in the plates are characteristic for the sylvania tubes, The similar in plate structure GE's don't have this feature

v4lve
Old 11th October 2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Banned

really man? wow well not sure if I should be made or glad lol I don't know much about the sylvanias
Old 11th October 2012, 10:37 PM   #17
Banned

Thanks a lot man that is for sure them
Old 11th October 2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Banned

No wonder why the Stealths Cleans sounded so damn good sylvania's in the preamp and the CBS 6v6gt in power all killer USA glass I was wondering where all that killer bluesy tones were coming from xD And I really thought I had some European Mojo going on in the preamp section sigh.....haha
Old 12th October 2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Banned

I sent an email to tube-shop.com where I bought them basically questioning why they are trying to sell them as real Brimars and a European tube I bet you they new about all along.
Old 12th October 2012, 04:27 PM   #20
Banned

Ok so these do have the 6 ribbon slots in the plates which like you said are trademark sylvania but after researching more about them there was different eras of them 50s 60s and 70s/late 70s is there any way to tell? and I hear how Eddie VH himself possibly loaded these up in hes Marshall's back in the day? But those are the ones with JAN designation I think? I did notice how I could easily get Harmonics to sound a lot like Eddies xD like pretty women cover and panama is really easy to nail with stealth lol and I'm using a 2004 Ibanez JS1000 so Dimarzio Fred in bridge/PAF in neck and it is all Basswood body with Maple neck so killer Versatile Tones the Fred is not that Hot though Id like to try the Tonezone I'm also running overdrive its TS/boss clone pedal I changed a few Resistors and put in a couple Bigger caps for alittle more boost and bigger sound it works well and I'm running a Delta-Lab dd1 delay in the loop its pretty warm for being digital and cheap but its short delay like max 300-350ms so cool Slap-back tones at least

Hide this!Advertise here!