schematic or build thread for guitar amp from hammond parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2012, 05:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default looking for a schematic or build thread for guitar amp from hammond parts

Hey guys,
I have two hammond organ amplifiers, one from an m3 a1 and the other from an m3 a3. Does anyone have a schematic or a link to a build thread for a guitar amplifier or just a guitar preamp made mostly from harvested parts from these amps?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been learning a lot recently and have a lot of time on my hands due to a recent motor vehicles accident, so I am really excited to start a new project!
Thanks
Sterling

Last edited by feastofwolves; 24th September 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 24th September 2012, 06:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Thread moved to appropriate area.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 24th September 2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

If you are just harvesting parts, then make most any amp you want. Determine the power transformer output, that will set your B+, we assume the filament windings will be at universal levels. Whatever the output tube complement of each amp is, you should already know, so if it is a pair of 6L6 or four 6V6 or something else, then make a power amp circuit based on that tube set.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:03 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

First link that comes up when you Google it.

Hammond schematics here and elsewhere on the Net
Old 26th September 2012, 07:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Pinkmouse: sorry about the mispost.
Enzo: I have never built an amplifier before (beyond on board pre amps) little well designed one, although I can easily Identify two 6v6's and two 12au7's amongst the host of other tubes. I was just hoping there was a schematic using mostly parts I have. which brings me to a question: what is a good online resource(s) for parts? I am aware I could Google it but I would rather opinions from people.
Printer2:this sounds stupid but I didn't even think to find the schematic for the amp I have now.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I have found a schematic for a guitar amplifier using a similar organ amp to the ones I have. For now though, I think that I am going to try and find a simple preamp to build as I'm hoping it will be a less extreme jump for someone of my relatively low skill level.
This is the address for the hammond organ to guitar amp conversion
Hammonator Organ to Guitar Amp Conversion

Hide this!Advertise here!