DIY iRig - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
SD456 is offline SD456  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Question DIY iRig

Hi all!

I want to build a DIY iRig, these lil' babies made by IK Multimedia and with the iRig cable or the iRig Stomp you can hook up your guitar to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.

I think it could work with PCs too, so I want to build one, but I cannot find any schematics or gutshots on the web. If anyone have some sort of photo from the inside of an iRig or iRig Stomp, please share with me!

Thanks in advance!
Old 25th September 2012, 04:27 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

This is all what I have found. I hope can be useful!!

iRig.rar
Old 25th September 2012, 05:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Peavey make a similar product, its just a 1/4" jack to 1/8" jack adapter to plug in a guitar and headphones.
To make one that plugs into the charging connector, you might need to make an app,
Old 13th October 2012, 12:42 PM   #4
SD456 is offline SD456  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I found a good guitar interface, it is very similar to the iRig but it is much, much cheaper.

I built it, and I'm using it for some days now, it is very good! No noise at all, well there is some noise when you crank a high gain amplifier in AmpliTube, but that's normal.
All the pots on my guitar is working as they should, and the sound of my guitar is cleaner, punchier.

If someone want to build it, here is the page

Hide this!Advertise here!