Bass Amp Project High Quality Transformer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bass Amp Project High Quality Transformer

I recently came into possession of an incomplete bass amp project. It has a high quality transformer (the person I bought it from says there is approx 30 scrap copper in it).

Also included is the amplifier circuit, I believe there is a pre-amp on the board as well but I don't really know what I'm looking at. The capacitors look suitably huge.

I really don't know where to begin with continuing the project but it looks almost complete.

I've attached some pictures to this post, my inexperienced eyes tell me that the board is missing some components (see circled area in red) and I'm a bit worried that the 'fuses' are just pieces of wire.

Any guidance at this time would be invaluable, for example I have no idea how I would connect up the transformer or even find out which wire does what. I do own a multimeter and soldering station but my electronics experience is somewhat limited to hacking small commercial circuits - adding audio input to in car CD player, putting an amp from a tape player inside a speaker and wiring up Atari ST video cables for example.

samwha-bass-amp-pcb-01.jpg

samwha-bass-amp-cap-01.jpg

samwha-bass-amp-transformer-01.jpg

Hide this!Advertise here!