Crate v50-112 noisy clean channel - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2012, 06:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Crate v50-112 noisy clean channel

Hello everyone,

I wonder if you could help me. I have a Crate V50-112 guitar tube amp that sounds great, except the clean channel is noisy even when the volume in down to zero. It is not the case with the overdrive channel. Here are two files for your reference. Please let me know how to "hush" down the clean channel. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf crate_v50.pdf (179.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf V50-112_OM 11.pdf (69.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 6th August 2012, 11:50 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you check the clean signal path then there is not much which can be causing this. It pretty much has to be a relay with dirty contacts or more likely tube V2. The schematic is a problem too. Pins 6 and 7 of V2B are certainly NOT connected together as shown. Go to the hardware shop and get a spray can of contact cleaner. Clean the V2 tube socket. If that doesn't fix your problem replace V2. If problem persists report back - you may then have to start looking at replacing a relay.
Cheers,
Ian
Old 14th August 2012, 04:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your comment. I replaced V2 and that fixed the problem!
The schematic is from Crate directly.

Hide this!Advertise here!