Building a spring reverb unit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2012, 08:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Building a spring reverb unit

Hi

i am in the midst of making a spring reverb unit, it is my first electronics project and i could use some help from some people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than i am.

i have an Accutronics reverb tank model 8DB2C1D and i have some preamps from maplin. So far i have got the reverb driver, and the recovery amp working, but there are some modifications and additions i would like to add, but don't quite know how to go about it.

For the reverb driver i have used a 1 watt amplifier N48FL (see attachment)
I have got this to drive the strings in the reverb tank quite nicely but only when i power it with a 12v dc supply connected in parallel with a 9v battery.

For the recovery amp i have used a low noise stereo preamp N47FL (see attachment) this amplifies the reverberated sound nicely as well, I am also powering this preamp with 12v dc in parallel with a 9v battery.

i would like to add an op amp mixer so i can control the wet/dry mix using pots. Can anybody advise me on how to go about this please?

i have attached the pcb data sheets and a picture of my project so far

thankyou

leroy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg project.jpg (980.1 KB, 98 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf N48FL (1w amp).pdf (95.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip N47FL.pdf.zip (469.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 5th August 2012, 06:00 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

if you need another battery in parallel, it sounds as if you dont have enough current available in the power supply, and 9v battery on a 12v supply cant be doing anything any good.

looks like the recovery amp has a volume control so this would control the "wet" signal, so you just need a summing amp, which is a standard inverting op-amp gain stage but with a paralleled input
Old 6th August 2012, 05:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks, ive got myself an inverting op amp for the summing amp, and a new power supply, im going to put it together tonight and see how it goes
Old 7th August 2012, 04:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Here you will find the desired informations, I think. Go to APPLICATION and be happy!

Best regards!

Hide this!Advertise here!