Building a spring reverb unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

i am in the midst of making a spring reverb unit, it is my first electronics project and i could use some help from some people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than i am.

i have an Accutronics reverb tank model 8DB2C1D and i have some preamps from maplin. So far i have got the reverb driver, and the recovery amp working, but there are some modifications and additions i would like to add, but don't quite know how to go about it.

For the reverb driver i have used a 1 watt amplifier N48FL (see attachment)
I have got this to drive the strings in the reverb tank quite nicely but only when i power it with a 12v dc supply connected in parallel with a 9v battery.

For the recovery amp i have used a low noise stereo preamp N47FL (see attachment) this amplifies the reverberated sound nicely as well, I am also powering this preamp with 12v dc in parallel with a 9v battery.

i would like to add an op amp mixer so i can control the wet/dry mix using pots. Can anybody advise me on how to go about this please?

i have attached the pcb data sheets and a picture of my project so far

thankyou

leroy

Attachments

• N48FL (1w amp).pdf
    95.6 KB · Views: 74
  • project.jpg
    project.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 151
  • N47FL.pdf.zip
    469.5 KB · Views: 44
if you need another battery in parallel, it sounds as if you dont have enough current available in the power supply, and 9v battery on a 12v supply cant be doing anything any good.

looks like the recovery amp has a volume control so this would control the "wet" signal, so you just need a summing amp, which is a standard inverting op-amp gain stage but with a paralleled input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.