[Help] Modify To Overdrive - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2012, 06:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default [Help] Modify To Overdrive

Which stage or part can I modify to make overdrive bass preamp.... Switch activated... Help really needed.... Please....
Link to the copyrighted schematic: http://www.albertkreuzer.com/pics/el...eamp_sch21.gif
Copyrighted material removed by moderation.

Last edited by doplonyo; 17th June 2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: link to the copyrighted
Old 16th June 2012, 11:19 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Did you build the whole thing? You could increase R13 to 470K or 1 Meg to increase the gain in the tone control path.

There is one small problem. IC2a needs a resistor to ground on pin 3. 470K would work.
Old 17th June 2012, 01:47 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The preamp was designed by Albert Kreuzer. He has a nice website at: Albert Kreuzer

Link to the copyrighted schematic: http://www.albertkreuzer.com/pics/el...eamp_sch21.gif
Old 17th June 2012, 10:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I build that and work fine for me as junior technician :d but i'm just like the others who never satisfied what i get,i have some idea but i can reached because i'm so dumb about modify some schematics,so if i can to be help to solve this i'll be much apreciated and very thanksfull....
Old 8th July 2012, 06:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudthud View Post
Did you build the whole thing? You could increase R13 to 470K or 1 Meg to increase the gain in the tone control path.

There is one small problem. IC2a needs a resistor to ground on pin 3. 470K would work.
the result is diferent that what I hope,but thanks.
Actually I want overdrive sound can be activated by single switch,but nevermind I dont think about this any more, I just want to clone LMB-3 but I don't find the scematic yet, even I found the schematics maybe I couldn't make it because I can't make the PCB layout, any one to share the pcb layout of LMB -3 clone with me??? Please...

Hide this!Advertise here!