Hammond organ..to guitar amp- - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2005, 12:35 PM   #11
jkratz is offline jkratz  United States
diyAudio Member

Default That Hammond...?

My son, with a B-B gun, in one afternoon of ten-year-old thoughtlessness, put at end to the project. I'd dismantled the organ and laid out the circuits, which had been working, and blown up the schematics, and begun thinking it through, and he shot up all the tubes and everything made out of glass in the barn.

I still have the leslie stuff, however, and just found a "real" leslie enclosure to look over -- the big bureau-sized thing with a spinning base speaker thing in the bottom and the black tweeter cones in the top!! Woo hoo.

Anyone want to buy one of the smaller things, for use as passive guitar effecters? WE could work something out, or I'll post them on eBay, where I call myself "soundcloset".

Jonathan
Old 24th October 2005, 02:33 PM   #12
jkratz is offline jkratz  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hammond Organ Saga Continues

New Project: Someone dumped a dusty and repainted Leslie 122V cabinet behind the local student-instrument store. I took it home, cleaned it out, and tried the motors and one of the pre-amps out, and so far it looks good. What's the value of a working one, and who's done a conversion or is interested in it as a working piece? I'll browse eBay prices for comarative condition. The power amp takes A.C. and audio source from an organ console via a fat 6-pin cable, I think, but under the dust this thing is cool, old, and seems to work!

I've locked up both the b-b gun and the son this time around...!

There's a schematic on the side of the power amp; it's the pre-amp (?) and reverb driver chassis that appears to work. I'll take digital pics of it and post later.

Hide this!Advertise here!