Crate VC30 / Clean channel cuts out intermittently... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2012, 04:58 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Crate VC30 / Clean channel cuts out intermittently...

So this is probably a well known issue, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I love the clean tone on this amp (Crate Vintage Club 30watt), but it cuts out intermittently. I thought that maybe it needed new tubes so I got them replaced, but the problem's still there.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Know how to fix it?
Old 4th May 2012, 07:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Clean the input jack. Use Caig products for that. If that doesn't fix it, try resoldering all of the joints. Neither costs much and those are the top two reasons for your problem.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

You may prefer the clean channel, but does it also do this on the overdrive channel?

Got an effects loop? Plug a spare cord from FX send to FX return. ANy help?
Old 17th May 2012, 03:31 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

From what I've read, it sounds like you need to replace the opto isolators. There are five of them, so just replace them all. You can find threads on this issue if you google it.
I have a VC3112 and think it is a great sounding amp! Definitely under rated. But I need to replace mine as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!