Transmitting from stereo to guitar amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im not sure if this is the write forum, but here goes...

Basically I know nothing about audio devices, but for a school project I need a simple way to transmit sound from my stereo system wirelessly to my guitar amp.

I'm thinking in the same way you plug a usb reciever into your computer for a wireless mouse, you could plug a small device into the back of a stereo that sends the audio signal to your guitar.

A wireless microphone comes to mind when i think about this project, but im not sure how that would help...

I really know nothing about this stuff, so I need something really simple that i would be able to understand...

thanks for any help!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
5.8G AV Sender &IR Remote Extender Wireless Transmitter | eBay

That's how it's done these days but not always so. Essentially, you need to modulate a transmission and receive and demodulate at the guitar amp, - just like radio. The hard part is the transmitter but there are still bitty low power FM bug microphones that can be received quite well by a normal FM tuner tuned to their frequency. You can also adapt them to accept high impedance line-level audio..

Google "FM bug" and see what ideas and cheap kits come up. It could be fun! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.