One off guitar amp 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I have been woodsheding like some wiesel in the barnyard, and built me a new gitar amp. My buddy said "whay dont ya build me a quad EL84 amp". Well after the last build "one off guitar amp" I chose to take up the challange and this is the result. Pretty much standard stuff,.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    544.6 KB · Views: 263
I have to thank the DIY audio community because when this came up I started prowling for EL 84 schematics, and low and behold there was and old schematic of a quad EL84 setup. Oh I think it was in a Hammond Organ or sum such. Well I just plane stole it, and this is the result. If you dime the trebble control and the volume at the same time it will osciallate at about 24 Khz.!!! I know, I know, that's not good., I can make it not do that, but I have to give up some gain. I chose to let it have the gain/touch sensitivity. So howl away! Just dont tell FCC. Ok this is between you and me :) dont post it on the interweb.

Thanks
Yes Kicad for both the schematic and the board layout. Its free and not hard to use. My first cut prototypes are PTP and then I usually recycle the parts when I get a board laid out. The box is a little bit amateurish but now we have a cabinet maker doing the next one on a CNC machine. Also there are logos cut from plastic on a lazer setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.