4x6 guitar speakers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th September 2011, 06:49 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Thanks all...

Michael: Since it is only a small table top unit I'm not expecting extreme hi-fi results. It will be mono also. The circuit I'm going to use is from a Motorola console tube amp that I've played my electric through and it sounded great. I'm not expecting great guitar amp results either. I will have ext. speaker jacks.

Peter: Those are nice but a bit too big. And I'd be worried about the moderate breakup.

Tube: thanks for the experience with these... JBL's may be worth a look.

This is mainly for the iPod, but would like to plug the guitar in it once in awhile just because I can...
Old 26th September 2011, 08:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
thanks for the experience with these... JBL's may be worth a look.
The car I took them out of was a 1992 model purchased used in about 1994 and it was traded in on a 1997 model so the speakers were from that range of years. I doubt the same speakers are available today. They were 5 X 7's with a small coaxial mounted tweeter. I am guessing I got them at Circuit City in about 1994. I remember replacing the stereo shortly after getting the car.

Hide this!Advertise here!