Marshall Amp GR100RCD Transistor Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to replace two transistors in my Marshall GR100RCD Amp, they are 2SA1386-P and 2SC3519-P. I searched on the web and was only able to find a datasheet for the 2SA1386-P which called for negative values for VCBO, VCEO and VEBO. All the other datasheets I found were for 2SA1386-2SA1386A and 2SC3519/2SC3519A which calls for positive VCBO, VCEO and VEBO values.

This is where I get confused can anyone tell me what the –P means.

In addition if anyone can tell me where I can get replacement transistors and what part number I should be looking for. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

The NPN vs PNP-ness of a transistor is indicated by the 2SC or 2SA starting the part number.

Some transistor makers spec PNP types with negative voltages. Others just list all voltages as positive - or at least no polarity indicated. Nothing cosmic there, you can;t install an NPN with the negative at the collector and positive at the emitter and expect it to work. SO don;t read more into it than is needed. They are all the same part.

And I'd agree that P probably means plastic. Are your old ones of the fully insulated tab variety? Similar to a TO3P?

Wherever you find those type numbers, the parts will be right.

MCM has both for a little over $3 each.

The spec of sanken 2SC3519 is there on the web. P means HFE range 70-140. They are other two HFE ranges O (HFE 50-100), Y (100-180). P does not mean plastic. I am searching and looking forward it to replace 50W MJE 15032/ 15033 as the driver in my power amp. It seems is a overkill. But I have HFE matched pairs (A1386/C3519) to replace not so matched 15032/15033. Any suggestion?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Agreed, P is not marked on examples as part of the type number. It's clearly below, alongside the date code. Ebay sellers obviously don't understand marking conventions. Sanken Datasheets support that.

@fjc
Yes, post or link to to your design in your OP thread so a selection can be made. Otherwise, it's just guessing and a waste of time.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is not my design, basically it is a push pull design,with symmetrical design on the positive and negative rail. So matching is very much required to avoid DC out put. I will try to give a image of the circuit here.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is not my design, basically it is a push pull design,with symmetrical design on the positive and negative rail. So matching is very much required to avoid DC out put. I will try to give a image of the circuit here.

I do like to express the schematic diagram, and upload it to the photobucket as a picture-jpg file but fail to show it here properly . Anyone like to show the steps to download the picture here from photobucket web??:(

Last edited:
Yes, I just get help to show the diagram, and it works now.

Attachments

• Magnum.2 02.jpg
    Magnum.2 02.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 51
I am searching and looking forward it to replace 50W MJE 15032/ 15033 as the driver in my power amp. It seems like an overkill. But I have HFE matched pairs (A1386/C3519) to replace not so matched 15032/15033. Any suggestion? The Q14/Q15 is the oreginal (MJE15032/033). The pre-driver pair Q12/Q13 (2SC3421/2SA1358) is also thought to be replaced by 2SC5171/2SA1930 fpr better sonic performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.