|Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|4th August 2011, 12:43 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Simcoe Ont
Microphone modification help
Would someone please direct me to the components for this modification?
I don't understand all of the locations and the type of components described.
I have removed C9 and C10, I have replaced the tube.
Thanks in advance.
1. Remove C9 and C10 to remove the 25Khz peak resonance in the high end.
2. Change the caps in the signal path: Polystyrene input and 1uF polypropylene output (C8)
3. Change the tube to a 6072 or a very good 12AT7
4. Add a tiny EQ cap like that found in the ELA m251 design, to the output of the 1st stage. I like 200pF myself.
5. Change the cathode bypass cap from 100uF to 22uF to reduce low frequency rumble and distortion.
6. Change the cathode bias resistor to 1.8K to increase plate current in both tubes and improve biasing on the 2nd stage.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|piezo microphone||ninna||Analogue Source||5||3rd January 2013 02:23 AM|
|Zoom H2 - Microphone Modification Panasonic WM61A||Joe Alesi||Everything Else||6||10th October 2011 11:28 PM|
|microphone||VolMax Audio||Instruments and Amps||17||20th November 2010 01:33 AM|
|spy microphone||sss||Everything Else||10||6th January 2005 11:00 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|