anyone who can replicate a guitar effect for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello :)

I have a custom-made guitar distortion effect which has a unique sound that I like very much. Now, the problem is that it is totally custom-made, and even the schematics is unique, I cannot download it from anywhere. I have been using it for 10 years now, and the parts are becoming worn.

Can anyone replicate it for me with new and quality parts? I can send the effect via UPS or some other service. Ready to negotiate a price.

Thanks!

I'm uploading photos from the effect. Unfortunately, the board is positioned so that there is no clear view of the parts. I cannot remove it to take a photo of it.
URL%5D

My, thats, umm, rustic.

Obviously either a heavily modded vintage commercial pedal (maybe an EH Big Muff or similar) or homebrew. At the least you'd have to have someone who knows vintage pedals look it over and try to ID what distortion circuit it is based on (there are a limited number with numerous variations - Tubescreamer, Big Muff, RAT, etc.), if it exactly corresponds to some known type its easy to either just buy a newer version that sounds about the same or to replace the capacitors and any resistors that are way out of spec. If we don't know what the circuit is, we will have to hope we can read the values on the components that need replacement and just order what we need and replace them. By far the cheapest plan is to ID it and buy the new version, unless you find someone who works cheap or just does it for fun, or learn to do it yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.