Help with Rocktron Hush

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
I picked up a Rocktron Hush that wouldn't power on (broken wire on battery clip). Replaced the 9v clip, but still doesn't work. There is 9v everywhere on the board, e.g. each and every pin on the two TL074s. Switch position is of no consequence.

Granted I am fairly new to this. I would like to get this working and learn a little as well. Any help or ideas. No scope .. only a DMM.

-mark

AC debug

Most DMM's are insensitive to AC waveforms except for 50/60 Hz power waves. I proved my $29 craftsman was unable to see a 8V pp wave coming out of my Hammond organ at 200 hz, even on the 200V scale. Used scopes can go as low as $40, an obsolete 20 mhz scope is adequate for audio work. But lacking that, sometimes you can put a .1 microfarad 50 V capacitor on a little speakers,(transistor, use 600V for tubes) and a couple of clipleads, and go looking around your circuit to see where the audio gets lost using your ears.

He has power problems, not loss of signal.

If you have 9v on every pin of the ICs, then the ground circuit sounds open.

This is a little pedal right? You do know that FX pedals generally have to have a plug in the input jack to complete the power circuit? The ring contact is grounded by the plug to complete the powr circuit. ANy chance that is your oversight?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.