Modding a Fender Frontman 15G?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
25 W is good range for that speaker rating. Before you run with a toroid you may want to try just the stock transfo (unless that is what was blown of course)
I put a master volume right before signal passes to the power amp section, for similar matrimonial reasons.:p

I know this is old but...

I'm new here-

I have a Squier 15 8in combo w/o reverb that I cut down into a head unit and fitted on removable power and a speaker out running into an Eminence legend(have to find the #'s) and a recycled Drive brand ported combo box turned cabinet. The result has been unbelievably awesome. Really clean is a little hard to achieve- vol at .5 or less, gain off, master wherever needed, treb 9, mid 3, bass 3. The gain stages pretty much go straight to Marshallesque and are balls out and keep up with a live drum kit no prob. I'm building a 412 with some Randall speakers and a plywood crate just to see what happens? I too would like to put the empty reverb portion of the board into use though there's now no room for a spring unit in the cut down head. Any ideas?

Thanks..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.