X2 Mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hay all,

I have an old Alesis X2 recording console. The console was known to have issues when they were still in production, I was fortunate enough to get one of the models that were released in 1996. I am having some issues in the master channel the right side occasionally dies out, and the noise floor is not to impressive, when the master faders are at 0db I can hear the noise floor quite clearly, fortunately at normal listening leaves it is acceptable.

I would like to fix this issue with the right side and if possible lower the noise floor. I have the schematics for the board, I have located the op amps and circuits that need to be checked, the op amp is a ne5532, which I believe has a bipolar differential input. I was wondering if I'd be better off with a Jfet differential input design like a Burr Brown, or perhaps an AD8597? Any suggestions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.