Post your Musical Instruments here. - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2010, 05:14 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Here is an update of my gear.

I installed a Celestion Vintage 30 in the lower sealed section and a Celestion "GreenBack" in the top semi open part.

Thats my '09 Gibson BFG Les Paul, I absolutely love this thing, practically plays itself.

I have some burlap to make a grill cloth for this, just got to get around to making a frame for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFG & Celestions.JPG (216.9 KB, 403 views)
Old 7th September 2010, 05:16 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Rock and Roll.
Old 26th September 2010, 08:18 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

A zebra and a P90 in that Les Paul? Great, with respect to a grille for your cabinet, what about this stuff:
Click the image to open in full size.

By the way, I dropped off all my project parts for the five string shortscale at a local guitarbuilder, with this as a result:

Plays like a dream, and sounds great. Still busy sorting out the final electronics though, proving a bit of a PITA (B1 buffer per pickup, filter per pickup, active mixing stage).
Old 28th September 2010, 10:41 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Default Envelope Shaper ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vielle568 View Post
Hi,
I have just finished building an electric vielle. The keyboard uses strings and a humbucker pick-up like an electric guitar but the rhythm is generated from an IR laser system that monitors the wheel speed. The drones come from a synthesizer module inside the instrument's body with the other electronics. All the sounds and effects can be regulated and mixed before output to a power amp. It works fine but I really need an ADSR envelope module to shape the rhythm pulses. Does anyone have knowledge of a simple circuit that works off a 9V supply that would do the trick? All I can find are schematics for synthesizers and they use +/- 18V which is OK if you have access to a transformer. My vielle is portable and uses batteries; consumation has to be at a minimum.

Thanks for any help.

Vielle568
Hi Vielle

Your instrument looks real cool.

Not sure why I'm posting the Boss Slow Gear, but
The SG-1 has become a cult and highly collectable item (hence the $475 tag for a 2nd hand one).

It is an envelope shaper of sorts, check the net for what people think of it, it's a bit different.

There are clones of the SG-1 about (see PDF, the 3rd thumbnail, I changed the file extension to .ZIP to allow it to be uploaded, as it's quite big. If you want to look at it just change the file extension back to .PDF and open with Adobe reader as normal !).

Also check out diystompboxes.com as most of the stuff there is powered by 9 volts.

Cheers Simon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cult Boss Slow-Gear SG-1 bit expensive nowdays.jpg (88.1 KB, 303 views)
File Type: gif bosssg1.gif (14.5 KB, 334 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip (Boss Slow-Gear Clone)swellinstructions.zip (579.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 30th September 2010, 04:48 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

475usd?!?!? And I thought the Spectrum was rare/expensive/overpriced:eBay link

that slow gear is something I'd like to build at one time, too many projects though (Meatball, Catalinbread SFT, the list goes on....).
Old 28th October 2010, 05:38 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Here's my NS/Stick (definitely not DIY):

And the fEarful 12/6/1 I built to give it a voice:

In the works - A two-channel preamp with effects loop for the NS.
Old 28th October 2010, 01:46 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kavermei
Electric violin I made for my girl friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eviolin1.jpg (50.0 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg eviolin2.jpg (35.5 KB, 190 views)
Old 29th October 2010, 03:13 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

That violin looks great! What kind of pickup is in there? I would clip the stringends a bit shorter, or they'll take out an eye :-)

Zaubertuba, what kind of speakers are you using in the fearful (especially the 6"one)?
Old 29th October 2010, 05:15 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kavermei
Thanks! In those photos there's no pickup installed yet. It now has a PVDF pickup under the bridge foot. I put a JFET source follower on the violin too, which helps reduce noise, hum, and HF rolloff when using long cables.

I'll see if I can make a picture this weekend.
Old 29th October 2010, 06:17 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
That violin looks great! What kind of pickup is in there? I would clip the stringends a bit shorter, or they'll take out an eye :-)

Zaubertuba, what kind of speakers are you using in the fearful (especially the 6"one)?
The 12" is an Eminence 3012 LF, and the 6" midrange is an Alpha 6A. I'm using an Eminence PXB3:3K5 crossover--crossover points are 500K and 3,500K.

It really pumps out the lows amazingly well, and at least in listening has a very smooth response. The wiki for it is here: Fearful? 12/6 & 15/6 - TalkBass Wiki

Hide this!Advertise here!