Post your Musical Instruments here. - Page 24 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2016, 04:44 PM   #231
diyAudio Member

My latest DIY build, 600+ watts and 9 lbs:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:27 PM   #232
genel is offline genel  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a Peavey Duel 212 120Watt tube amp, (I picked up for $75 at the swapmeet, it needed repair,I repaired it.)
Fender Squier Strat
And various acoustic guitars.
Old 4th October 2016, 02:02 PM   #233
genel is offline genel  United States
diyAudio Member

My instruments:

Fender Squier/90's Peavey Duel 212 classic tube amp (120 watts)
Vito Sax
Clarinet
60's Kay 6 string
40's Harmony Patrician, with violin -type top
Applause Model AA15 American-made 12 string acoustic

Just sold:
Hammond A-100 + Leslie 222 speaker
Old 1st December 2016, 03:00 PM   #234
diyAudio Member

Default My modest collection

I'm the wife of Thermionic Idler, who is in the midst of a fairly epic project that I'm not sure he's posted about here yet. I've come to DIYAudio to look for ideas for my very first project, a small analog guitar amp because we roll old school in this house. (So old school, the first house we lived in together was named Old School House.)

I've currently got:
  • Washburn EA-45 acoustic/electric, walnut finished cedar top, rosewood back/sides
  • Larrivée parlor guitar (spruce/mahogany)
  • Yamaha CVP-509 Clavinova (Therm's baby)

And! I'm about to get back, finally, a first-year reissue Danelectro DC-3 (silver sparkle) that I had to sell to a friend years ago to help fund an emergency cross-country move. He offered it back to me recently, admitting he only ever played it a few times, and soon it will be winging its way across the Atlantic to my new home in England.

My dream electric is an original '72 Tele Custom (I played one once, years before the reissues, and have never forgotten how perfect it felt/sounded), but the DC-3 is a fun toy and is also sparkly, because some little girls never grow out of sparkly, and no matter how much flannel I wear or how many tattoos I get, I am apparently one of them.

I'm also in the market for a ukulele as Therm has been getting me into George Formby. I'll probably go with a Washburn since they're a trusted source. Experienced uke players are free to try to change my mind. In fact I'd welcome opinions re: whether to go with a soprano or concert.
Old 5th February 2017, 09:24 AM   #235
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglibertine View Post
...My dream electric is an original '72 Tele Custom (I played one once, years before the reissues, and have never forgotten how perfect it felt/sounded)...
Those original Tele 'versions' were great - and if the Custom is good enough for Keef... I used to have a Tele Deluxe - the one with the 2 wide range pickups and the Strat neck... Mine also had a trem that was fitted at Fender... I regret selling that one!

As for my current squeezes - kit-built guitars, and parts-casters, always, apart from one of these, which used to be a US Strat - now with Floyd Rose and other... differences. The two Les Pauls are my main pieces. The quilted one and the 'B**tardCaster' both have my own home-made pickups in it (even made the coil winding machine myself). The resonator was all acoustic, until I got a bit handy with a drill and put the electrics in there. Now it sounds like a monster when plugged in and cranked up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LP2.jpg (47.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg LP1.jpg (85.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg PartsCasters.jpg (118.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg BastardCaster.jpg (94.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Resonator.jpg (62.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 17th February 2017, 04:43 PM   #236
diyAudio Member

i would like to show you my heavely moddified stratocaster. killer paint job, floathing trem and a double killswitch
Old 18th February 2017, 08:23 PM   #237
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Oh yeah, another place to spam, er, I mean share this thing I made last weekend:
Freeside Atlanta: A Capacitive-Touch Janko Keyboard: What I Did at the 2017 Georgia Tech Moog Hackathon
Old 27th March 2017, 09:51 AM   #238
diyAudio Member

May I introduce a preview of the GlowStar guitar amp head
based on tubes class-D circuit ?
Not yet definitively closed, but it is already playing.

Old 27th March 2017, 10:10 AM   #239
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Wow!
Can I post your picture on a facebook page, to share with tube lovers? :-)
Old 27th March 2017, 01:39 PM   #240
diyAudio Member

Yes, of course you can.
It's made to stay on stage,
so it has to be displayed... and played !

Hide this!Advertise here!