Post your Musical Instruments here. - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2013, 11:38 AM   #151
Banned

Yeah I liked both but I just didn't like how when out of phase it was noticeable bass decrease and excessive highs but there was a different mid range character not sure if it was bad or good just different kinda hard to describe

in phase the mids were more snappy out of phase it was more like smeared/smudged mids if that makes any sense lol

Sylvania 6v6 - YouTube

Lynch infused with VH and infused with something else that I don't know lol yeah I'm pretty crazy haha

the cab is in phase in that video though lol

just hoping these screens are not gonna blow up anytime soon lol

I had the Dimebucker in my Ibanez JS1000 too lol sure satch would love that rofl, I still got the fred though Ill keep it I like it clean has nice twang hell might put it in neck but really think I need a super D, or tonezone, dimebucker is just hot as hell but ceramic magnets just don't have the warmth I like and it is bit trebly/spikey lol but it does have that searing/molten hell tone under gain lol
Old 30th January 2013, 03:45 AM   #152
diyAudio Member

It is almost like I gave up amp building, pretty much did while learning how to make this thing. Far from perfect but good enough for a first try.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 30th January 2013, 05:54 PM   #153
diyAudio Member

Default NICE!

So, I'm thinking...acoustic in an electric shape? Are you going to put electronics in it? How does it sund and play??
Old 30th January 2013, 06:05 PM   #154
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printer2 View Post
Far from perfect but good enough for a first try.
Wow! I'd say a lot better than "good enough".

jeff
Old 30th January 2013, 06:14 PM   #155
Banned

modesty is a good thing. xD
Old 1st February 2013, 01:05 AM   #156
diyAudio Member

Well because it was an experiment I did not go all out on it. I glued together some 1" x 2" poplar pieces to make the neck as I did not want to waste any better wood. The body was made out of six pieces of pine and the weather was changing so I glued them all up at the same time and I ended up with a glue line on the back. The neck feels great and I did a real good job on getting it smooth and straight, then screwed up the fret job by using wire that was 0.002" wider than the slot the fret saw cut. I never knew fret wire came in different sizes. Installing them distorted the metal and I had to sand the frets down quite a bit to get them level. I was worried the string tension on the top and left the bracing a little heavier than needed. The finish is not factory perfect.

That being said unless you are really looking hard you would not notice the flaws. The bridge still needs to be experimented with and down the line I might even make one with a piezo in it and was thinking of a floating magnetic pickup at the neck. I have electric strings on it now and it does sound bright, not that there would be thunderous bass from a guitar with this thin a body. It is three inches thick, the reason I did this design is the smaller volume required a smaller sound hole and I thought a small hole in the traditional location would look bad. I want to try it with acoustic strings yet. It sounds fairly guitar like up to the 12th fret but above it does not ring out as much as it should, it seems to get dampened down quicker than it should. Also there is a bit of sympathetic ringing from the other strings that are not being played. I think a regular bridge may have worked better, maybe for the next one.

Oh yeah, maple fretboard, pine body that was routered out, pine top, red oak veneer on the headstock. A few other pictures.

Old 1st February 2013, 05:33 AM   #157
diyAudio Member

Default NICE JOB!

Nice attention to wood finishing detail. Nice smooth fretting...mine is not that good (luckily I made my fretboard removable). I see you made the saddle out of what looks like fret wire. Interesting. I wouldn't expect it would have deep tone at just three inches deep, but it probably has good character. Your wood working skills are right up there I would say. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11th February 2013, 07:35 PM   #158
robrob is offline robrob  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's my heavily modified Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus. The volume pot is about the only original electronic part.

http://robrobinette.com/images/Guitar/Finished4.jpg

I'm here mostly to learn to modify my VHT Special 6 Ultra tube amp.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:27 PM   #159
robrob is offline robrob  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's the second image I tried to post above.

With the 5-way selector, series/split/parallel switch for the bridge humbucker and tone pot push-pull "neck on" mod the guitar has 16 different pickup combinations on tap.

The details of the mods can be found here: Telecaster Mods

Old 12th February 2013, 01:13 AM   #160
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrob View Post
Here's my heavily modified Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus. The volume pot is about the only original electronic part.

http://robrobinette.com/images/Guitar/Finished4.jpg

I'm here mostly to learn to modify my VHT Special 6 Ultra tube amp.
I love that color.

Hide this!Advertise here!