Behringer ep 2500 service ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have never seen a burned EP 2500 in my shop .From all those many that work around only two come in to my shop for the same reason and IDE style conector they had inside was loose probably due to vibration .... other than that i had in mind that this amp is impossible to fail .

Till today when a burned EP 2500 5 yeras old come in to the shop first thing in the morning ....very qurious about that i skiped priority and put it on the bench ... found out that one of the output transitors had absolutely no soldering on the emmiter plus the construction robot forgot to cut the pin of the specific transitor

The amplifier has been working like that and it ws very possible that since the emmiter of the tranistor was placed on a dual leyer pcb in metal through pad that ws contacting a bit till this weekend that all the power was needed from the amp when a big ARK was there and 4 outs where blown to mars ...

I notified the local distributor about that and the company said to me that my amplifier is going to be replaced with brand new one (!!!!!) while the old one eventhough 5 years old will be returned to the factory for further investigation of the problem .....

talk about service minded company ....i am breathless !!!!!

i have fallen in love whit behringer, first it has top notch support and their products are the best in the market for durability and quality. i even ask them to buy from them the stikers that come whit their products and they sent them to me for free. i have a bcd 3000 pc controller,high definition dj headphones, ep 2000 power amp,microphone mixer and 2 12" speakers and i am planing to buy everything ealse from them. highly recomended.

And Peavey recently bought Crest too, and the new ultra low cost Peavey IPR class D amplifiers come from J.D. Benett, a well known designer that has worked for Crest and other reputable brands.

Brands are not usually as bad or as good as most "experts" tell (the preferences of most of them are actually based on commercial margins!!), although Behringer are experts in copying, but they seem to have a good taste when choosing what to copy, EP2500 is very similar to the old QSC EX2500.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.