high power output instrument amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2003, 01:14 PM   #1
fezz is offline fezz  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default high power output instrument amp

i am considering building a few amplfiers, one to amplify my electronic drum kit, because of the wide frequency range required i cannot use a guitar amp, and am considering basing it uppon a hi-fi amp of around 100W

there are many amps on the internet that are this power, but i would like a relativly easy amp to build so require either a very basic circuit to use or a pcb layout already made.

and no - im not using a chip for this amp - it takes the fun out of it - i will consider both ss or valve
Old 25th May 2003, 07:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

i decided to try and build this amp: http://sound.westhost.com/project3a.htm on strip board, at the moment i hade done most things apprt from the output transistors and the variable resistor and long with a few capacitors as i dont have them at the moment (and the output transistors will be mounted off board)

i hope the picture works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im000681.jpg (62.6 KB, 565 views)
Old 9th July 2003, 05:44 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default High Power Instrument Amp

Hello fez,

Have you finished your project yet? I have a design that I am working on that may be of interest to you. Check out the following link and look for the zip file:
.200 Watt Lateral Mosfet Amplifier and irfp240/9240 (segue)

I have finished the PCB layout and am in the process of getting the boards made. When they are tested out properly I will post the gerber files and the updated schematic. There are only minor changes that have been made to the schematic.
Old 14th September 2003, 09:56 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

im afraid that amplfier is still in the state i posted here as i have decided to build a bridges and parralleled version of the gainclone. should do about 250W into 8Ohm and 350 into 4Ohm

Hide this!Advertise here!