Roland SPA-240 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have managed to salvage one long time burned down Roland SPA-240 power aplifier. It is in my family since who-knows-when (early 80's), and it is pretty much damaged and I would like to restore it to its original look and sound, but I would need a service manual or at least the schematic for it.
A fairly good scan will do.

Anybody .... HELP!

Thank You in advance

There is two for sale locally(or at least in my country) both with an error in the input stage, as spesified by the seller. What common faults can I expect to find? I hope to buy these and pair one up with some rather unusual Shure SR112/116B monitors.

If you have the manual, I would appreciate a copy.

Hi, can't really talk about common problems with these amplifiers because they are really rare. Mine had a burned down output stage with out of production Toshiba transistors which I had replaced with Sankens. Also did some upgrades to other components to improve the sound and indeed now it is a power amplifier with fabulous sound. It kicked out 3 fine Marantz amps which I used to listen to (they are collecting dust since)!
Those You have found might just have minor problems which can occur due to the age of the components. Even it can be a matter of cleaning connections, resoldering, a few part change and readjustments.
As soon as I dig out the manual from my archive I will send it to You.

Best regards

Just pay attention to the serial number remark in the schematcs, there are some differences in different editions of the amp but once You have the board in hand You will notice them. The original output tranzistors are Toshiba and they are out of production for a while but the amp got a fairly fast protection so I could not imagine what made my crash and burn. Roland has no forced cooling and they get warm if driven hard. Just let them have all the vents free for a natural airflow and there will be no problem. Actually they have a fantastic sound when the working temp is reached. The input limiter pots are best kept on max, I did not took them out just to keep the originality of the amp.
Um, I can't remember all the details of the restoration but if You have any problems I would help gladly.

Best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.