Class D kits for bass guitar amp?? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2010, 01:44 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

and is that 600 watts at 8 ohms or 4? Agreed about compression. in a bass guitar amp that is up to the user to decide if they want any compression. however compression used for anti-clip control I can understand.

If that module is 600 watts at 8 ohms and will at least maintain 600 watts at 4 ohms im interested. I am curious if it will run 2 ohms? and can 2 modules be bridged?

I need to find a company that can supply these for a production run.
Old 23rd February 2010, 02:39 PM   #12
AP2 is offline AP2  Italy
Banned

Hi,
I agree with you (bass guitar preamplifier, including in alc and band response)
but this module has been realized in combining two innovative products. PSU vey special and innovative Class D amplifier.
Amplifier: running up to Vcc rail completely sinusoidal (no glish, no IMD) for this reason it has been equipped with an inovative dynamic control, this control does not alter the signal, becouse it work only at (Vcc-5%), very fast attak (log amp)
PSU: this is really complicated to explain (RIPS Rotary Ignition System Power), imagine two 70V batteries that powered amplifier. practically equal. (only 2.7 V decrease under 40Hz burst) repetitive, without introducing imd on amplifier (zero) very clear power rock is the first emotion that stirs when it starts playing.
sure, mine are just words for now. I think that Frankfurt will open immediately after the sale online.
(probable agreements with big companies is the reason we are stuck)
quantities from the production are ready. (4 models) and 2 models of new PSU RIPS.

I put the version without the PSU.
P.S. Probable price to the public of the DPA-600 should be within the 296-320 € VE
this model is meant for aufiofile performances (sound and Measurements)

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DXA-600.jpg (80.7 KB, 439 views)
Old 23rd February 2010, 05:16 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
and is that 600 watts at 8 ohms or 4? Agreed about compression. in a bass guitar amp that is up to the user to decide if they want any compression. however compression used for anti-clip control I can understand.

If that module is 600 watts at 8 ohms and will at least maintain 600 watts at 4 ohms im interested. I am curious if it will run 2 ohms? and can 2 modules be bridged?

I need to find a company that can supply these for a production run.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
dpa-600 module has been optimized to operate at 4-8R (600w RMS @ 4R).
I think you can take a 450w version (8R), for home high-fidelity use.
yes, bridge is supported by these modules but this not good for money and space. There is a model DPA-1200 (integrated amplifier) that delivers 1200w rms on 8R with very high resolution.

Regards
Old 24th February 2010, 10:33 AM   #14
Banned

Default Guitar bass Amp

Hi all,
heard this amplifier with 2x15''woofer box ... you can not stay in front when he plays, out of breath....
Who says that he plays bass with the same power with digital, the sound of the MOSFET class AB is very different.
apart harmonic content, I think that the difference in depth at the low frequency is due to output current.
What do you think about it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MosAmp.jpg (67.4 KB, 388 views)
Old 24th February 2010, 12:30 PM   #15
diban is offline diban  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I find this very good project:

Ampli HighEnd ClaseD UCD de 25W a 1250Wrms sólo con 2 mosfets N - Foros de Electrónica
Old 24th February 2010, 12:31 PM   #16
81bas is offline 81bas  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Hi all,
heard this amplifier with 2x15''woofer box ... you can not stay in front when he plays, out of breath....
Who says that he plays bass with the same power with digital, the sound of the MOSFET class AB is very different.
apart harmonic content, I think that the difference in depth at the low frequency is due to output current.
What do you think about it?
Class D output stage alone has zero PSRR (power supply rejection ratio). And the smallest PSU sag will dramatically reduce the damping factor of class D amp, reducing the bass reproduction. To avoid this effect it is needed either to have good stabilized SMPS or to have a lot of NFB. I have seen many schematics of commercial class D amps, where usual 'linear' PSU together with simpliest NFB in amp schematic were used. This will definitely make the difference between class D and AB amps in bass reproduction, where the alone totem pole emitter follower output stage in class AB acts as a good stabilizer, referenced by input signal...
Old 24th February 2010, 12:42 PM   #17
Banned

hi,
I agree with you, as I thought, this is the main difference.
then class D (if good) requires a great job in PSU (NFBonly is not sufficient).
however this is really mospower be afraid!
Regards
Old 24th February 2010, 01:51 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Do I get it right ? The DPA-600 is only the amp without any PSU ? Do yu assume 300 Euros is really competitive then ?

Regarding ripple: Another way to deal with that is ripple compensation. This has to be solved separately for carrier based amps but is already intrinsic to self-oscillating topologies.

Regards

Charles
Old 24th February 2010, 02:44 PM   #19
81bas is offline 81bas  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase_accurate View Post
Regarding ripple: Another way to deal with that is ripple compensation. This has to be solved separately for carrier based amps but is already intrinsic to self-oscillating topologies.
I understand what you meant, I have an working example of such 'ripple compensated' modulator. With no any NFB and with insane 100Hz pulsations from PSU I do get a very clean output with such modulator. There are some OEM amps and chips with similar feature too: Rebix - Development of Analog Electronics and TAS5630 chip (which is using something called PSU 'feed forward' technique).

Also, in self oscillating UcD topology (I assume in other phase-controlled modulators too) the output ripple is not of triangle form, and 'intrinsic' ripple compensation is not so effective, though...

Also, did you ever seen any commercial carrier based class D amps with 'ripple compensation' feature?

Last edited by 81bas; 24th February 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 24th February 2010, 02:51 PM   #20
Banned

Hi,
To Phase_Accurate:
290-320 € probable price for the first photos I made (DPA-600) this is a very special amplifier with integrated PSU, developed specifically for listening top performances.

Regarding the self-oscillant UDC, this is good but Power Supply is soul amplifier.
is useless for the amplifier tries to compensate for non-performance of the PSU.
Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!