how would you handle this a/b switching?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My amp doesn't have a switch for the clean and overdriven channels, but I love the amp's distortion. I realized a couple minutes ago that I could build an A/B switch for the amp, but there are a few things that I'm not sure about.

I need to run cables to both channels from the A/B box, but I need to have the A/B box on my pedal board. This means either:

1. I run two cables from A and B
2. I wire A and B to a single, multiconductor cable.

If I choose 1, I can just tape the cables together. If I choose 2, I can either run the multi-conductor cable to a splitter box duct taped to my amp, or split the actual cable and solder two mono ends onto it.

How would you do it? I'm thinking 1, run the two mono cables, just because then, one cable can go bad, and I'm still relatively good. Plus, replacements are cheap and ubiquitous. This is the best thing to do, right?

Thanks for any input.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably just going to make a passive A/B switch that lights up when the distortion channel is selected. I think running two regular mono cables is the best thing, since if one fails, I've got a backup. I'll probably just duct tape them together, or use heatshrink tubing or something.

Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.