all possible permutations of series parallel and phasing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2008, 11:31 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default all possible permutations of series parallel and phasing

I need some design help I am working on a guitar mod with 6 single coil ( 3 humbuckers) with every posible combination of serial and parallel with both positive and negative phasing. the coil cut switch used to remove a pickup from a series connection renders it unusable for simultaneous parallel use. the solution would seem to be splitting the signel at the pickup into two seperate channels each with it's own op am preamp'
Emg has dome this with the

The EMG Pi2 is an active phase reversal circuit mounted on a mini-toggle switch, and is used in guitars with two or more EMG Pickups.

Wired in series with one of the pickups, The Pi2 produces true "out of phase" sound by reversing the phase of the pickup. The active method of phase reversing is superior because it maintains the quietness of an EMG equipped instrument. It requires the same amount of space as a conventional phase switch, and only four solder connections are necessary. Along with the Pi2, mounting hardware and complete instructions are included to make installation easy.

EMG-Pi2 Package Contents:
EMG-Pi2 Switch
Output Jack
Battery Clip Set

EMG-Pi2 Quick Specs:
Output Noise (dBV) - -89
Output Impedance (Kohm) - 2
Current & 9V (Microamps) - 175 -
Battery Life (Hours) - 2850

Does anyone have a schematic for this or a quick sketchup of something similar that will work? I could also use some advice concerning op amp selection.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. a quick and dirty dip switch version is fine for now 2 6 pole dpdt dips for the phase reversal and two 6 pole spst dips should do the trick however I plan to eventually go to some sort of an analog switch mux or crosspoint and put the switching in a couple of foot switches IO have a bit of stuff that I did in isis that I can e mail anyone who is interested the files are a bit large for general posting.

Amplexus

Hide this!Advertise here!