Effects mixer for pedals etc? Help needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking for a specific piece of equipment, but I can't seem to find anything like it anywhere. What I need is a simple (?) mixer that lets an audio signal pass through a chain of effects and lets me adjust the amount for each effect using a potmeter.

Was that clear?

Maybe not. I'll try the more graphic approach:
Synth -> Effect Mixer -> Amp
. . . . . . 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . .

Where 1-8 are inserts controlled by an "amount"-potmeter. Each insert will have a pedal/effect connected, for example different fuzzes, reverb, echo, tremolo, all preset to whichever sound I want from them. That way I will be able to control just the amount of each effect added to the signal, or remove an effect entirely from the mix without having to stomp the pedal (which can cause annoying volume-drops, dropouts or clicks/pops).

Is this even possible?

Thanks for that, I will try to track it down. Still, one of the main reasons I want a mixer is that I want to be able to control the amount of each effect in a simple fashion, without having to dabble with all the controls on each pedal/effect unit.

Today I daisy chain all the effects and manipulate a sound source (bass, synth, guitar etc.) by turning effects on/off or adjust the properties of each effect. That's fine, but means a lot of fiddling with knobs at times when I just want to reduce the amount of an effect.

I basically just want 6-8 aux send/returns daisy chained, one pot to control each one.

The switching arrangement I mentioned could provide a separate feed for every effect, so each FX line could be run into line in an 8 chl. mini-mixer, and the volume of each controlled by each channel slider.

I don't know about the particular options for your FX set: Some devices allow pedal control of volume or wet/dry mixing or automation via MIDI triggering.

Depending on your needs you may be able to get by with a simple splitter like
Alto Link - Eight Channel, Rack-Mounted Mixer / Splitter
8 out each line has a pot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.