I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 05:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone

I have attached two pictures of the Standell 25L15 clone. It took a lot of digging on the internet and in books to come up with the schematic. I built this project because I had an original JBL D130 from the late 50s early 60s and I love Chet Atkins guitar playing. Chet used one of these amps for every one of his recordings from the late 50s until he died.

The amp uses two 12AX7s in the preamp, a 12AU7 driver, two 807s for the outputs and a GZ34 rectifier. It puts out right around 24 -25 wattts Class A push pull.

I have a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman which I play through it and the sound is fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25l15 back_resize.jpg (87.4 KB, 2315 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 05:39 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
tubewade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am very interested in the design and in seeing your creation, but the pictures didn't stick. You can host them at http://imageshack.us/ if you need to.

Wade
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Trout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwest Madman
Default Re: I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by guitar88
I have attached two pictures of the Standell 25L15 clone. It took a lot of digging on the internet and in books to come up with the schematic. I built this project because I had an original JBL D130 from the late 50s early 60s and I love Chet Atkins guitar playing. Chet used one of these amps for every one of his recordings from the late 50s until he died.

The amp uses two 12AX7s in the preamp, a 12AU7 driver, two 807s for the outputs and a GZ34 rectifier. It puts out right around 24 -25 wattts Class A push pull.

I have a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman which I play through it and the sound is fantastic.

Oh My, I just noticed you only live about 20 minutes from me as the crow flys.
I grew up out near Sleepy Hollow, Dundee was my old stomping grounds when I was in high school.


Hey, any chance of getting a copy of the schematic? I have been searching for that one for a long time.

I have a OT I planned on using that came from an old PA that used 807's that I am just dying to build!!


Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 01:09 AM   #4
JandG is offline JandG  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Washington State
Yes, please a schematic.
That is very impressive build.
I want one bad.
I have 807's
mmmm beutifull job, wish I could hear the thing in person. Bet it is crazy nice. JBL also = very nice
J & G
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 01:16 AM   #5
nhuwar is offline nhuwar  United States
diyAudio Member
 
nhuwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cypress Texas
Wow you lucky guy a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman.

Thats an awesome guitar, Kind of a contradictory saying awesome and Chet Atkins in the same sentence.



But still a great guitar I wish I could afford one.



Nick
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 02:28 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Additional Picture

Have added the front view. My problem on the original thread was how do you post more than one image at a time in a thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25l15 front_resize.jpg (82.3 KB, 2083 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 03:08 PM   #7
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator
 
kevinkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Additional Picture

Quote:
Originally posted by guitar88
Have added the front view. My problem on the original thread was how do you post more than one image at a time in a thread.

You can't directly, use imageshack to host the pictures and paste the links for all of the pix you want to share into your post. See tubewade's post for a link to imageshack. It's free and almost easy to use..

Yes, how about a schematic?
__________________
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 02:26 AM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Schematic For Amp

Here is the schematic for this amp. Be aware that the original Standel was designed around the use of a JBL D-130 15" speaker. Hence the amp may not sound the same if something else is used. Since I already had the speaker this amp seemed like the logical choice to build.

Standel is making these again at a very hefty price. They even go out of their way to locate old JBL D-130s to be used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schematic.jpg (79.0 KB, 2530 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 11:47 AM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
tubewade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Really nice job and excellent craftsmanship. This is a fine example of why projects built out of love are so far ahead of those in the mass market. Thank you for sharing with us.

Wade
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Trout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Midwest Madman
Default Re: Schematic For Amp

Quote:
Originally posted by guitar88
Here is the schematic for this amp. Be aware that the original Standel was designed around the use of a JBL D-130 15" speaker. Hence the amp may not sound the same if something else is used. Since I already had the speaker this amp seemed like the logical choice to build.

Standel is making these again at a very hefty price. They even go out of their way to locate old JBL D-130s to be used.
Thanks!!

I knew Standel was making these again, But the price is as you mentioned pretty steep.

How accurate is the schematic to the original amp? Just curious, the current production schematic is as impossible to get as an original.

Once again, thanks for posting this!!

Trout
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Tabor Clone is finished. Shoog Tubes / Valves 35 12th February 2012 03:40 PM
Prototype fender bassman for trade - echosonic or standel 25l15 TelecasterTech Tubes / Valves 1 24th January 2012 05:53 PM
The Clarro alias Totem Arro Clone. Finished!! FrankDIY Multi-Way 26 9th February 2010 03:47 AM
my finally finished gain clone (the whole story) loudlemmy Chip Amps 0 1st April 2005 05:00 PM
Question regarding ProAc 2.5 Clone and Tempo 2 Clone zoooh Multi-Way 5 11th March 2003 08:19 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2