diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Instruments and Amps (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/instruments-amps/)
-   -   I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/instruments-amps/122845-i-have-finished-my-standell-25l15-clone.html)

guitar88 10th May 2008 05:29 PM

I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone
 
2 Attachment(s)
I have attached two pictures of the Standell 25L15 clone. It took a lot of digging on the internet and in books to come up with the schematic. I built this project because I had an original JBL D130 from the late 50s early 60s and I love Chet Atkins guitar playing. Chet used one of these amps for every one of his recordings from the late 50s until he died.

The amp uses two 12AX7s in the preamp, a 12AU7 driver, two 807s for the outputs and a GZ34 rectifier. It puts out right around 24 -25 wattts Class A push pull.

I have a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman which I play through it and the sound is fantastic.

tubewade 10th May 2008 05:39 PM

I am very interested in the design and in seeing your creation, but the pictures didn't stick. You can host them at http://imageshack.us/ if you need to.

Wade

Trout 10th May 2008 11:23 PM

Re: I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone
 
Quote:

Originally posted by guitar88
I have attached two pictures of the Standell 25L15 clone. It took a lot of digging on the internet and in books to come up with the schematic. I built this project because I had an original JBL D130 from the late 50s early 60s and I love Chet Atkins guitar playing. Chet used one of these amps for every one of his recordings from the late 50s until he died.

The amp uses two 12AX7s in the preamp, a 12AU7 driver, two 807s for the outputs and a GZ34 rectifier. It puts out right around 24 -25 wattts Class A push pull.

I have a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman which I play through it and the sound is fantastic.


Oh My, I just noticed you only live about 20 minutes from me as the crow flys.
I grew up out near Sleepy Hollow, Dundee was my old stomping grounds when I was in high school.


Hey, any chance of getting a copy of the schematic? I have been searching for that one for a long time.

I have a OT I planned on using that came from an old PA that used 807's that I am just dying to build!!


http://www.thegearpage.net/board/ima.../worthless.gif

JandG 11th May 2008 01:09 AM

Yes, please a schematic.
That is very impressive build.
I want one bad.
I have 807's
mmmm beutifull job, wish I could hear the thing in person. Bet it is crazy nice. JBL also = very nice
J & G

nhuwar 11th May 2008 01:16 AM

Wow you lucky guy a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman.

Thats an awesome guitar, Kind of a contradictory saying awesome and Chet Atkins in the same sentence.



But still a great guitar I wish I could afford one.



Nick

guitar88 11th May 2008 02:28 AM

Additional Picture
 
2 Attachment(s)
Have added the front view. My problem on the original thread was how do you post more than one image at a time in a thread.

kevinkr 11th May 2008 03:08 PM

Re: Additional Picture
 
Quote:

Originally posted by guitar88
Have added the front view. My problem on the original thread was how do you post more than one image at a time in a thread.

You can't directly, use imageshack to host the pictures and paste the links for all of the pix you want to share into your post. See tubewade's post for a link to imageshack. It's free and almost easy to use.. ;)

Yes, how about a schematic?

guitar88 12th May 2008 02:26 AM

Schematic For Amp
 
2 Attachment(s)
Here is the schematic for this amp. Be aware that the original Standel was designed around the use of a JBL D-130 15" speaker. Hence the amp may not sound the same if something else is used. Since I already had the speaker this amp seemed like the logical choice to build.

Standel is making these again at a very hefty price. They even go out of their way to locate old JBL D-130s to be used.

tubewade 12th May 2008 11:47 AM

Really nice job and excellent craftsmanship. This is a fine example of why projects built out of love are so far ahead of those in the mass market. Thank you for sharing with us.

Wade

Trout 12th May 2008 12:16 PM

Re: Schematic For Amp
 
Quote:

Originally posted by guitar88
Here is the schematic for this amp. Be aware that the original Standel was designed around the use of a JBL D-130 15" speaker. Hence the amp may not sound the same if something else is used. Since I already had the speaker this amp seemed like the logical choice to build.

Standel is making these again at a very hefty price. They even go out of their way to locate old JBL D-130s to be used.

Thanks!!

I knew Standel was making these again, But the price is as you mentioned pretty steep.

How accurate is the schematic to the original amp? Just curious, the current production schematic is as impossible to get as an original.

Once again, thanks for posting this!!

Trout


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:48 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2