I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2009, 04:25 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Default HELP - Posting Schematic

Hello everyone,

I have the 1953-1956 STandel 25L15 schematic, but I can't seem to post the JPG attachment properly - any ideas?

I've got it at 92Kb in size, and the resolution is okay now too.

Thank you,
Frank Roy
Attached Images
File Type: gif standel-25l15-schematic.gif (26.3 KB, 658 views)
Old 7th August 2009, 08:08 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default Standel 25L15 Shematic

Hi K9!

And thanks for your post - I completely agree with you on all counts (except for the price of Weber's Standel cabinet - I don't know what the cost is yet, so I can't say yay or nay, but it SURE LOOKS GOOD.)

It is very likely that his JP25 circuit differs from the original Standel 25L15 circuit, but as you say, there is no real way to tell since we don't have a schematic published online anywhere.

HOWEVER, I was able to find a few copies of art: of the schematic, some with the power section ripped off for some reason. They are dated 1953, and Bob Crooks's name is on it, and they look very old.

When I get home tonite, I will compare the Weber JP25 to the schematics I already have, despite partially incomplete. I will note the differences, if any, and see what kind of effects they may have on the amp itself.

One thing's for sure: Weber's JP25 looks like a reliable, fully functional 807-based circuit, not unlike the Williamson circuit, and both look very very much like a Standel 25L15.

Let's see what our grey matter can come up with. if ANYONE OUT THERE has any resistor values, capacitor values, even output transformer information, bias setting, or any specs of original early-50's Standel 25L15's, please post them so that we may compare to what we have here.

thank you in advance for any and all contributors and followers, and again, hats off to Guitar88, MBL and Lorenz S.

Frank
Old 7th August 2009, 08:08 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Default Standel clones selling for 5 GRAND!!!

Torres Engineering is making their version of a Standel 25L15 (but with 12" speaker, etc), and they're asking a whopping $4500 + all taxes and shipping:

http://www.torresengineering.com/newbroandcoa.html

As well, it looks like my last post with the schematic attachment worked, but the resoltution isn't so good. Here's where I discoevered it (you problably will not find this link anywhere else in the world right now) :

http://www.tedweber.com/schematics/jp25_schem.jpg

Have fun y'all!!!

Frank
Old 10th August 2009, 06:10 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Default New 25L15 Shematic

Also check out his new revised version:

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/jp25_schem.jpg
Old 10th August 2009, 06:39 PM   #35
teemuk is offline teemuk  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Standels and EchoSonics

Quote:
Originally posted by TelecasterTech
Ray Butts Echosonic
You might be interested on US patent #2,804,499.
Old 12th August 2009, 03:36 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Default ECHOSONIC SCHEMATIC AND INSTRUCTIONS

Hey all!!

I'm back - and this time I have some goodies for everyone from my latest online treks in the Quest For Tone.

MANY THANKS TO MY NEW FRIEND FROM FINLAND Teemuk FOR HELPING US OUT ON THIS ONE!!

The famous April 1953 Ray Butts Echosonic model EA-1 amplifier. I have a small diagram of it, a basic schematic with (unfortunately) no values (CAN ANYONE FILL THEM IN AND POST THEM PUHLEEZZ!).

I also have 3 pages of details instructions on how the tape echo functions as part of the amplifier - a very good read. I hae never seen these posted anywhere in online forums before until now!!

Let's all get some information together and maybe we can have a working schematic for all of us to enjoy.

Thank you,
Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg echosonic_diagram.jpg (39.4 KB, 531 views)
Old 12th August 2009, 03:37 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Default ECHOSONIC SCHEMATIC

Attached Images
File Type: jpg echosonic_schematic.jpg (99.1 KB, 522 views)
Old 12th August 2009, 03:46 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Default ECHOSONIC INSTRUCTIONS 1

I had to convert the Patent PDF to JPG or MS Word document to post but everything is just too big to fit in the measily 102Kb limit of this forum.

Please find the document in its entirety here:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2804499.html

NB: You WILL have to quickly create a free login account with a valid email address to download this PDF (sorry for the hassle, guys...).

Thank you,
Frank
Old 13th August 2009, 12:38 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

yeah the values for the echo sonic on there would be great. i have some spare tube echo parts here for my ecco fonic. the hard parts to find would be the bias oscillator coil, but i have read about guys winding their own. JRF magnetics has NOS tape heads, and terrys rubbber rollers could prob make a pinch roller for it.

Think i may have my standel style amp using guitar88's schematic done next week, i hope to post some pics then.
Old 7th September 2009, 05:10 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default Done my amp..well almost

Here is a few pics of my amp, i got the front logo i still want to make, but it is done otherwise. i used the schematic that guitar88 provided. I like the standel appearance and decided to go with it. it sounds great with guitar and steel.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp standel2.bmp (116.7 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg standel1.jpg (95.6 KB, 345 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!