I Have Finished My Standell 25L15 Clone - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2011, 04:24 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

You guys out there building the 25L15 clone's, do any of you have a detailed schematic of the unit? I would love to build one. Best to All, Gary
Old 4th March 2012, 11:33 AM   #112
k9swc is offline k9swc  United States
diyAudio Member

Wavebourn: The flat aluminum trim is 3/4" seam binder and is available from Lowe's and several hardward stores, but may not be stocked (it's not, around here). I've had it "special ordered" from a couple different places, and there are two brands available (that I've found so far) - M&D, and Frost King. The M&D part number is Seam Binder #78121, I don't have the FK's handy. The M&D is better, IMO, as it's holes are drilled with better centering (the FK's had some holes noticeably off-center, so I only used it once - before learning I could special-order the M&D.)

Both are reasonably close copies of the original trim - which I finally located the source, btw, to be an old defunct company that went out of business several years ago. Major difference is that the grooves are not as deep as the original, whose semi-circular grooves were deep enough to form sharp ridges between them. The modern equivalents have shallower grooves with small flats between them.

Gary: the majority of folks who have detailed 25L15 schematics are bound by non-disclosure agreements that prevent further distribution. But even with a schematic, unless you have an original to copy from (in which case I guess you wouldn't need a schematic, would you?) it'd be nearly impossible to construct an actual clone from it. A schematic describes how to wire up the parts, but doesn't tell you where to put them, or include things like cabinet dimensions, chassis layouts, parts lists, or other construction details. I can tell you the current cost to build one is just under $2k, parts & labor, to build one... but if you're serious, PM me...

Frank: Have you gotten yours finished yet?

Bud
Old 22nd May 2012, 05:40 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

As I recall, the 25L15 had the chassis mounted on shock mounts. What shock mounts are recommended for a 25L15-like build? Any suggestions?
Old 22nd May 2012, 03:17 PM   #114
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billraymond View Post
As I recall, the 25L15 had the chassis mounted on shock mounts. What shock mounts are recommended for a 25L15-like build? Any suggestions?
As far as commercially available iso-mounts I would look at Lords Corporation for possible parts used. Lords has been in business for over 85 years and have long been the industrial standard.
LORD Corporation - Industrial Parts Catalog

I used several different types and found the grommet type & the flex-bolt/sandwich type can be adapted very easily.
These come in sizes more common of this type of application.
Old 22nd May 2012, 04:22 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Those look ideal. Thank you Trout.
Old 31st May 2013, 03:24 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Default New 25L15

I have just finished building this circuit using 6L6 . Amazing Standel tone, additions to the T filter maks the amp very versatile and will take care of the many minor variances of the amp. All the controls behaves exactly as per modern version of this amp
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Standel25L15 may14.pdf (74.4 KB, 76 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!