My DIY stompbox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone! Recently I have finished work on a very cool distortion pedal and now I'm glad to introduce it.

The scheme is attached below. It is taken from here:
http://forum.gtlab.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1180818602/90

The stompbox is built on russian JFETs KP303A or 2P303A, which could be replaced with J201. I think that russian transistors are very good because of their low noise, metal body protecting them from outer electircal interference, and extra durability. Try to get them, guys. And no goddamn fitting by U and Id parameters!

All capacitors except C9 and C10 are film caps.

Nothing difficult I think. Few words about the sound: it is powerful and grinding. It is True and Evil hi-gain overdrive! In my opinion it sounds better than most of overdrive/distortion pedals you may find at musical store.

Photos and sound samples will come soon, I guess not later than next week.

Attachments

• bsiab_x.gif
    bsiab_x.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 499
Actually, I'm not the author of all those mods, heh!:D

The answer is "Yes!", it sounds similar to BSIAB 2, but more angry or something like that. Anyway the difference is not too big. May be there is a rational point in comparing the sound by samples? I mean that this Sunday I'm gonna record how it sounds and place it here. I'll use microphone, tube amplifier etc. Don't you want to join the experiment?

P.S.: Main advantage of the scheme I attached above is that you don't have to fit transistors by cut-off voltage and drain current. I don't think it influenced the sound much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.