Solo-Pro Passive Boost - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > Instruments and Amps

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2008, 08:24 PM   #1
sasij is offline sasij  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Solo-Pro Passive Boost

Ok I feel like such a noob for asking these simple questions but maybe thats because I am a noob. So please go easy on me.

I am trying to build a "Solo-Pro" Footswitch as shown here:

http://www.diyguitarist.com/PDF_Files/SoloPro.pdf

Now I see one lead 2 of the switch designated to input and 5 for output. I assume I connect the positive of each jack to them respectively. My question is what do I do with the grounds? Also the grounds on the pot's, would i just connect them to the chasis of the stompbox or what? Sorry if these are super noob questions I am just now getting into stuff like this. It's a wonder I was able to build the little gem amp. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may offer.
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member

All grounds get connected together and to the negitive lead of the Battery....
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I was under the impression the baterry was only needed if I were going to use the optional led which im not.
Old 23rd February 2008, 08:59 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well I got it working as per the schematic but I have an interesting problem. I have one channel on the pedal maxed out and the other set just above as low as it gets. When I hook it up to my pc's sound interface and run it through an amp sim (or even clean in a recording program like audacity) it works great, the turned down channel barely puts through a signal and clicking it on I hear a loud signal. So I was like ok cool it works. Then I took it to my practice space and hooked it up to a real amp, virtually nothing changed besides where the sound is output. Low and behold with the same settings the turned down channel puts out roughly around 85-90% volume and the turned up one outputs normal so there isn't much of a boost. I figure I may have done something wrong but I don't think so. The only thing I replaced when making the pedal is using ceramic disk capacitor instead of the film, because my radio shack doesn't sell film cap's at 0.001uF. I doubt that is the cause since it works fine in one scenario and not the other. Any ideas?

Hide this!Advertise here!