So whats the real deal with behringer ep-2500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dead end

I tried that . But the CLIP LED comes off a front panel-mounted PCB with a ribbon connector. The other end connect to the main board. A very careful search around the area of the connector right up to the full wave bridge diodes (part of the bias on the CLIP LED) failed to turn up ANY ICs.

And, there is nothing mounted underneath the main PCB.

Still scratching my head on this one.

Thanks for the suggestion.

i worked on a few of these a couple of years ago, you would think i'd remember where the chips are....... but then again, all i did was replace the output devices on them (and one of the caps on the +55v rail after getting the +55 and +110 confused)

one clue i was able to find in the schematic is a difference between the two channels, and how the op amp connects to the bias network. one side goes through a connector, the other one doesn't. if i can't attach both pix to one message' i'll put the second one in the next message...

Attachments

• behr1.jpg
    behr1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 331
the previous one is the one that connects through a cable, this one has the IC on the same board as the rest of it's channel (so this channel is where the chips are located) if you can find the cable that goes between the amp boards, you should find the chips

looking at the pic on the previous page, it seems the amp board on the right with the wide ribbon connector going to it has a few more sq in of real estate. are the chips in the vicinity of the large group of yellow mylar caps?

Attachments

• behr2.jpg
    behr2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 317
Seen it done it

Yea, I have looked with a magnifier and cannot find a single IC at that location.

Still looking.

I am beginning to think very strongly, that Behringer had 2 builds: One like mine without the ICs and one with as shown in the schematic. I just wish there was someone out there that has gone thru this before and could settle it for me.

I have a problem with one of this AMP's. Some of 2SC5200 and the thyristor BTA41 fried up...changed them... 0,5V on the 2sa/2sc transitors...the amplifier sounds ok...but when turning off The LED Clip stays on for some seconds and in the speaker some weird sounds...everything until the caps discarge...Do you know where to look for a problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.