Please Help With Wireing My Cab!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im basicly building my cab from the empty shell of a marshall avt150h cab (which has one speaker cable input) and i have 4 12" celestion speakers that are 16 ohm each... the head i want to use is a marshall MODE 4 head which has only 8 and 16 ohm outputs. i know i cant wire these speakers to 8 ohms... so can someone either tell me in detail or give me a diagram on how to do this???? PLEASE... i just bought these amazing speakers, and am dieing to use them haha.

-Dave

Wire two of the drivers in series. (Group 1)
-Take a wire and connect the negative terminal from one driver to the positive terminal of the other driver.

Then wire the other two in series. (Group 2)
-Same as group 1 but the other two of four drivers.

Take the (unconnected) positive lead from Group 1 and connect it to the 16 ohm output. Take the (unconnected) negative lead from the other driver in Group 1 and connect it to the 16 ohm output.

Do the same thing for Group 2, so that your amp's 16 ohm output has 2 positive wires and 2 negative wires.

That should be a load as seen from the amp of 16 ohms.

Hope it sounds great! If you need a diagram I can prolly draw one up for you. Good luck.

Hope this helps:

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 121
Dtorre said:
THANKS SOOO MUCH! it sounds absolutely amazing... and now i can rock with 320 tube watts of power haha!

Hmmm .........

Its a valve / solid state hybrid, you likely need another 16 ohm 4x12
to liberate the full 350W. The effect of adding another 16 ohm 4x12
will not double volume (+10dB), it will add 6db, the stack will go as
loud as one 16 ohm 4x12 driven by 4 times the power.

Or in other words 3dB louder than a very similar 8 ohm 4x12.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.