diyAudio (
-   Instruments and Amps (
-   -   Favorite Threads and Posts in "Musical Instruments" (

Variac 7th July 2007 05:52 PM

Favorite Threads and Posts in this Forum
This permanent thread is a place for links to threads or posts in this particular forum that are useful and/or exemplify the best of DIY Audio.

This is so others- especially newer members can find them. Feel free to post with these links and a brief comment on what the thread discusses. Occasionally the moderators will consolidate them into fewer posts.

MJL21193 3rd October 2009 04:09 AM

It has to be the Groovy Guitar Amp thread.
Man! That guy knows his stuff!!!

Variac 3rd October 2009 04:18 AM

And knows his pancakes. I need to try them- I was partial till now to the Joy of Cooking ones- hard to beat. But yours are similar enough that I can believe that they are better. We should put that 'cake recipe post in the cooking thread

MJL21193 3rd October 2009 04:30 AM

The keys are the amount of baking power (discourages the development of gluten) and the rest period. Like amps, speakers and women, the Devil is in the details...;)

Variac 3rd October 2009 04:36 AM

looky looky,
I've created a wiki page :
go here :

And look for "Guitar Amp Designs"

NOW , everyone can post links to their fav DIY guitar amp schematics
and kits..
Just click on the "Edit" tab towards the top of the page..

MJL21193 3rd October 2009 04:42 AM

Cool :up:

huhalahu 19th June 2010 03:27 AM

Peckerwood 28th December 2010 03:45 AM

Since at least a few guys around here seem to like Altecs a lot I took a picture of one of mine and here is is. I like them a lot but I am unable to use them at this time. They are too big for inside my house and they are too hard to move around for gigs. I have used them a couple of times but they are not made to be on the road. It would be nice if they were 8 ohm cabinets instead of 16 ohm though because I only have two of them.

Peckerwood 28th December 2010 05:36 AM

I meant to put that in the pictures of equipment thread.

brownmax20 29th August 2012 12:09 AM

I am brownmax. I like listen unplegged music. so I like piano music. In free time i listen unplegged songs.