Guitar Amp Speaker Cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any suggestions for design parameters for a speaker cabinet for a guitar amp? Certain volume? amount of the back that should be open?

Plan is to start with a single 10" driver, but I may move to a 12" at some point.

Amp is a small Champ style. I am undecided if the amp will be in the cabinet, or separate.

Suggestions?

I"m not an expert on this but I believe it depends on the speaker...

Some speakers are designed to use a Open backed Cadinet and some need an Enclosed cabinet......

My DIY Guitar amp uses a Fender Princeton 12in Speaker which was designed to be used with an Open backed cabinet But the 12in Eminance Bass speaker I am useing in my 100w Bass amp needs a closed backed cabinet......

Generally most Guitar amp speakers I have used worked best with a Open backed cab and most Guitar amps I have seen had the Back pretty much totally exposed......

Cheers

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Built it at any dimensions you'd like! :D
It doesn't matter because the low frequency it's almost 70Hz.
Build as open back to achieve the 8 effect. The sound goes at two directions. See open baffle...... ;)
And closed back if you want the sound to be more directional.
Build a nice cab without the back cover. Then do experiments with pieces of wood at the open back.
It depends where will you put the cab and of course to your ears!
How would you like the sound to be! It's like pups! haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.