R.I.P. djk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RIP Dennis. I had a question about the PPSL La Scala bass bins that he built using some Parts Express buyouts several years ago. He invited me to call and discuss. I had a half hour conversation with him and I was amazed at his knowledge and his willingness to share. Glad to have made his acquaintance. He typified why this hobby is much more than just circuits and equipment.

I am shocked to say the least. I've known Dennis for probably close to 50 years and he lived less than 5 mi away from me. Dennis was a wealth of information and knowledge a gentle big man who would devote any amount of time to help another. When I needed a part I could call Dennis and he would tell me how many he had on hand and generally I could count on seeing a package on my porch with the parts I needed along with a page or two of suggestions and such.

He was blunt and generally to the point with his remarks. I for one will miss this gentle big man. I wish him happy listening in that big demo room in the sky and may his bench always be filled with projects to keep him busy.

Good Bye my friend.

Dennis J. Kleitsch was, to the best of my knowledge, an electrical engineer who had once been in the retail audio business. He was knowledgeable and to the point. He did not waste words or tolerate fools. His valuable contributions will be missed.

On the Klipsch forum, Dennis authored a bass reflex modification for La Scalas that provided useable bass to ~ 30 Hz. The modification was relatively easy to do and easy to reverse, but I know of no one who ever reversed it to return to stock configuration.

He left us too soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.