Charles Hansen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
The statement from Ayre Acoustic on Facebook:

"Charles Hansen 1956 - 2017
With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Charles Hansen, founder of Ayre Acoustics, has passed away on November 28th, 2017. Those who knew Charley knew that he was a passionate man who always stood up for what he believed to be right. His family knew him as a loving and dedicated father of his two children. With the passing of Charley, the world has lost one of the most creative and innovative minds in the audio industry and we have lost a good friend.
While we can never replace Charley, his spirit lives on in the team at Ayre. We are dedicated to continuing his mission of creating and manufacturing the best sounding audio equipment in the world. Most importantly, we will be there for our friends, partners, and customers who have supported us over the years. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at any time.
We wish you all the best over the holidays, and please play an album for Charley sometime."

He fought back from major injuries from someone hitting him while riding his bike several years back. I think he lost the use of his legs as a result. He was active at several forums and had quite the argument with Stereophile folks at the Audio Asylum over MQA recently. RIP Charlie

This is shocking. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
A brilliant mind, listening to him was often illuminating, yet he leaved this place long ago. I still have some private messages from him and proud that I could speak to one of the most creative and detail-loving persons in the audio industry.

RIP Charlie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.