R.I.P. Peter Belt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just read that the infamous Mr Belt passed away on Feb 17 th aged 87.
Few other's divided opinion in the way Peter did with his products so as a tribute to one of the Hi Fi world's ultimate " tweakers " i thought it might be fun to hear from people that have tried any of his product's or suggestions over the years and the results.

* Please note this is intended to be lighthearted so let's not end up with argument's and heated debate over post's made :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The metal foil he gave away for free had me surprised over and over again. Many audio friends tried that self adhesive foil and noticed improvements. Had fun with that stuff. Also his very thin solid wiring made for sceptical remarks but proved to be better than stranded wire. We could not explain it, did not want to debate (as it always turned to unpleasant discussions) but enjoyed the experimenting. Many DIYers made preamps with very thin solid wiring according the Belt philosophy as "it did not hurt anyway" :) Despite the mocking many observed positive differences.

It must have been hard to the man to be always taken for a fool. Hats off for his perseverance.

Last edited:
Fools & their money are easily parted :D Take a look at All the wacky "stuff" to relieve people of PLENTY of their $ etc ! PWB Price List | PWB Electronics

But, you don't need to spend even a cent, as they provide various tips for free. Here's just one Brilliant suggestion for you to waste your time on ;)

Free sound improving techniques

The following is a selection of Free sound improving techniques for you to try.

Plain piece of paper under one of four feet.

Place a plain piece of paper under any ONE of the four feet of a piece of equipment. This applies to any piece of equipment, even if it is not an item of audio equipment. Listen to some music for a short time, then remove the piece of paper and see if you can listen to the same music with the same pleasure – without the plain piece of paper in position !!

Free sound improving techniques | PWB Electronics

Psychology is, & has been used for a Long time in Marketing etc !

I first became aware of them at the old Audio Review board. That board was divided between science and double blind folks, and those that were willing to try different tweaks without scientific verification. The Belts offered free samples which I received. I don't remember noticing any improvement but others said they did. RIP Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.