Latest nxV500 Power Amp from HPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the latest power amplifier which has just been installed into King Willy Sound Studio.
The Owner of King Willy Sound 2013 Grammy Award Winner William Bowden.
For his mastering work done on the Gotye’s Somebody That I Used To Know Single.
http://www.kingwillysound.com

This amplifier uses my PSU-Two power supply boards with a total of 64,800 Microfarad per channel.
The power supply is configured into a dual mono design with each amp channel having its own independent power supply
and secondary windings and a 800VA power transformer powering both power supply boards.
Typical power output is 300 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms.
The amplifier modules are the latest version of the nxV500 using 8 x single die lateral MOSFETs in the output stage per channel.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers

Anthony :)
HPA

Last edited:
Hi Oliver

Thanks... :)

The new nxV500L modules I believe have a bit better focus in placing the instruments in space so to speak. :)
Other than that they are completely identical as the nxV500 R2 modules.
Other than the use of Laterals that is.
I am very pleased with their performance both objectively and subjectively.
They are a most excellent amplifier module and make the based of an awesome stereo power amplifier.
William Bowden liked them a lot, so much so he purchased the complete amplifier from me.
He had been using Hypex mono block amplifiers for a number of years, but liked in his words the expensive sound quality of the nxV500L stereo power amplifier
and the much improved imaging and detail in the sound stage and the improvement in the richness of the midrange and higher frequency range.

Cheers Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.