NXV200 vs UCD400AD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I got the NXV200 I bought from Glusk up and running. It sounds great! I think I like it better than my UCD400AD's. The soundstage is way better with the NXV200. On the other hand I feel the bass of the UCD400 is better. But not a lot. It is choosing between two good amps the NXV200 being a bit more "smooth", "warmer" which I like a lot after listening to UCD's for over six or seven years.

At the moment I've got my speakers bi-amped. The best of both worlds. This is not a situation I would like to keep. I'm strongly considering buying a NXV300 or NXV500 because I feel my set up could use some more power than the NXV200 and I would like to go back to balanced power-amps.

:D I was wrong about the bass. Oops... I went to a diy audio gathering nearby today. And when we connected the NXV200 to less powerhungry speakers than my own the bas was just fine! So the NXV200 is even better than I thought it was! Funny thing is that when the NXV200 played for the first time, everyone in the room stopped talking and just listened to the same speakers as a moment before that suddenly sounded a lot better :) Most people were really impressed by the NXV200!

I think I'm ready for a package from Australia!

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 431
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.