Low Profile Six Channel Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone

Here is my new Six channel amplifier.
Using the nxV203 Amp Modules
6 x 100 Watt Channels
1.3kw Switchmode Power Supply
Low Profile 1 Unit High Case
Ideal for Home Theatre or Active Loudspeakers

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

have you consider doing that amp with a tube preamp stage ?

I had done a design with a tube front end some years back now, back at this stage it has not got to a PCB.

With the 6 channel amplifier the tube stage was not considered.
The main goal was to have a compact low profile powerful six channel design which did not weigh ton and could be carried under your arm with easy if needed.
The remaining goal was it had to sound very good, which it does very much so.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Hi

Could you tell us who is the supplier of the SMPS and also whether it can be used with one or two of your larger modules? Thanks

The Supplier of the SMPS is coldamp. The model number is SPS80
and I am using the supply set to +-45 volts.

This supply could be used with two nxV300 amp modules or one nxV500 module
If you are using 4 ohm loads. With 8 ohm loads 2 x nxV500s could be used on one power supply.
Note also with the nxV500 the HV version of the SPS80 would need to be used
to achieve full power.
For lower powers the standard version would be fine.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Are these the same nxV203 as on your website?

Hi John

Yes the nxv203 modules that are on my web site are the ones used in the six channel amplifier shown above.
So if you wanted to you could make up your own six channeled amplifier
using these modules and in your own chassis and heat sinks of choice. :)

I do make another version of the three channel amplifier module that has its own
built in power supply nxV203PS, these are not the same module and are quite a bit bigger and require a 75mm high heat sink.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

I am the proud owner of the amp pictured at the beginning of this thread :)

Anthony,

I was wondering if you could describe the intput/output connections required for bridged output please as I haven't seen it described in detail elsewhere.

I have been using to drive 2 B&W CM5 speakers over the weekend and my wife and I are both very happy with the sound!!

I am the proud owner of the amp pictured at the beginning of this thread :)

Anthony,

I was wondering if you could describe the intput/output connections required for bridged output please as I haven't seen it described in detail elsewhere.

I have been using to drive 2 B&W CM5 speakers over the weekend and my wife and I are both very happy with the sound!!

Hi Chris

All you need to do is solder the link on each amp board and use channel three on each board as the main input, it is also best to solder a shorting link
on the input of channel two.
The output is taken from the positive or Red terminal of channel 2 and channel 3. Channel 3 would be considered as the + terminal and channel 2 would be considered the - terminal.
The overall signal phase is non-inverting.

I hope this helps Chris.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Hi Anthony,

I've been waylaid in completing this build, health, work and Christmas have all conspired against me. Though as of yesterday evening I now have a minidsp in a small sub-enclosure and 2ch bridged on each of the nxv203 and 2 subwoofers singing nicely along with my B&W standmount speakers.

The pcb pad that I mentioned in email that I thought I had lifted, was in fact just wire pulled forcibly (by accident) from solder and pad and everything still 100% OK with PCB after I reflowed the solder. I am absolutely happy with the sound. My first power amplifier and I am blessed with this beast that you have created!!

Your prompt replies have been helpful and answered all questions I've had!

EDIT: I am looking forward to seeing these nxv101 boards you've mentioned in news section lately too once they're ready for public consumption!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.