new 10.125" wide heatsink - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Heatsink USA

Heatsink USA Extruded aluminum heatsinks, specializing in small custom cut orders

Old 5th June 2009, 07:09 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

This may work, R-Theta may still be cheaper for us Canadian folk though, I'll contact them direct and see what we can get that's similar, Get back to you with the results..

Quote:
Originally posted by jtktam
I have a US drop site in Niagara falls (right over the bridge)

I would be willing to get a groupbuy together if you guys want and drive over to pick it up

-joe
Old 5th June 2009, 07:42 PM   #22
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun
This may work, R-Theta may still be cheaper for us Canadian folk though, I'll contact them direct and see what we can get that's similar, Get back to you with the results..

lmk either way because i wouldn't mind getting together to buy from R-theta

-joe
Old 5th June 2009, 10:33 PM   #23
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun

Quote:
Originally posted by jtktam

lmk either way because i wouldn't mind getting together to buy from R-theta

-joe
A few months ago I ordered and received from R-theta 6pcs. of 9019 profile http://r-theta.com/products_standard...m_profiles.asp , each 6" long, for CAD276.15 (all inclusive, shipping by FedEx overnight was $17, not worth a long drive from my place in upper Richmond Hill to Mississauga for a pick up). Got them at the door in three days.

9012 profile costs almost the same, but it's usually not in stock, you have to wait about three weeks.

R-theta has officially a minimum order of $250, but just ask and they'll waive it.

BTW, for the use of PayPal, you have to count nowaday the canuck buck at 80 US cents.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:38 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

How does one order from R-Theta exactly? I've tried contacting them and placing orders but I never hear back....The last one I contacted them about was going to be over $500 worth of heatsinks and nothing but crickets? I remember them once asking for a GST number a number of years ago and so forth, so do you need to be a business to place an order?

By the way Russ, the new sinks look great! If I can't get R-theta figured I'll do business with you again, it's just pricey to get big sinks like that shipped up North
Old 7th June 2009, 01:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristanc1
How does one order from R-Theta exactly? I've tried contacting them and placing orders but I never hear back....The last one I contacted them about was going to be over $500 worth of heatsinks and nothing but crickets? I remember them once asking for a GST number a number of years ago and so forth, so do you need to be a business to place an order?

By the way Russ, the new sinks look great! If I can't get R-theta figured I'll do business with you again, it's just pricey to get big sinks like that shipped up North
Claudia Taylor
Inside Sales Representative
R-Theta Thermal Solutions Inc.
(T) 905-795-0077 Ext. 214
(F) 905-795-2508
Email: ctaylor@r-theta.com

Give Claudia a shout, she'll be happy to help you, individual or business. They take a credit card over the phone.
Old 7th June 2009, 01:48 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default 10.125 inch heatsink

i still dont know what im paying for this heatsink yet.i will probably have a special price and way to ship these to canada as soon as i know what i have to pay,one major problem is with the weight these are 12 pounds a foot and flat rate box weight is max 20 pounds
as soon as my saw is running ill be able to cut these down to peoples needed sizes, i will beat thetas prices this die was made for diy people
Russell Boss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_img_3337.jpg (7.3 KB, 1138 views)
Old 7th June 2009, 06:18 PM   #27

Default Re: 10.125 inch heatsink

Quote:
Originally posted by barrredboss
i still dont know what im paying for this heatsink yet.i will probably have a special price and way to ship these to canada as soon as i know what i have to pay,one major problem is with the weight these are 12 pounds a foot and flat rate box weight is max 20 pounds
as soon as my saw is running ill be able to cut these down to peoples needed sizes, i will beat thetas prices this die was made for diy people
Russell Boss
Great news Russell! Isn't competition great?

Can't wait to place an order with you!
Old 7th June 2009, 06:39 PM   #28
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 10.125 inch heatsink

Quote:
Originally posted by barrredboss
Russell Boss
That's an impressive profile, Russell. Very nice.

..Todd
Old 7th June 2009, 07:07 PM   #29
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Russell,

I doubt that too many people have chassis ready for exactly a 12" tall
heatsink, and 12" is not the most efficient size for cooling.. You are in a perfect position though.... You can give the option of cutting the lengths to 10" or whatever even dimension is below 10 lbs each- maybe 10.125 and allows 2 to fit in the box..

With 2 in the box and we are then getting the most shipping for our buck!!
Old 8th June 2009, 01:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by Variac
Russell,

I doubt that too many people have chassis ready for exactly a 12" tall
heatsink, and 12" is not the most efficient size for cooling.. You are in a perfect position though.... You can give the option of cutting the lengths to 10" or whatever even dimension is below 10 lbs each- maybe 10.125 and allows 2 to fit in the box..

With 2 in the box and we are then getting the most shipping for our buck!!
This would help from another perspective as well... If the price for 1pc falls under $50, then there's no canadian taxes due at the border. One Canuck north of border could get 2 x 5" sections for an amp tax free! And another 13% to beat r-theta (at least in Ontario).

Hide this!Advertise here!