Nice way to add a headphone amp/plug to Aleph-30?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

I'm planning an aleph30 with passive preamp and I want also to power headphones.

Do you know a nice way to integrate that nicely?

I think connecting them to the Aleph30 output should be possible as well, since headphones usually have higher impedances than speakers (32-150 Ohms) but is this reasonable?

How can I mute the speakers when using the headphones (without using knobs, just by inserting the headphone plug)?

Is the frequency response or bandwidth different for such higher loads?

Any input highly welcome!

Thanks a lot! Cheers, Hannes

Thanks for your replies!

Well...seems at least a rotary switch is needed. In the moment I cannot see a nice way to use one relay for all switching that is needed (switch input to headamp, switch potentiometer from Aleph to headamp).

I thought there would be more people integrating headamps into their boxes.

Anyway.

Have fun! Hannes

@protos: what a nice pic! Would love to be there ;-))

I would go for a zen or a tube headamp.I built the PPA but I despite its good design and reviews I always thought the sound a bit sharp.In many ways the output of the bosoz Pass preamp driving in balanced mode Senn 600 with modified cables was more inviting although less precise.
Have a look at the Aikido headamp version on Broskie website.Boards are available.

Ok h_a another pic to tease you -this from my weekend trip

Attachments

• 111_1107biss.jpg
    111_1107biss.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 260
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.