Innovative New Headphone Amp Help Needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, if the moderators think there might be a more appropriate forum, please feel free to move my post there.

In any case hi, I am a part time inventor and a product designer. I need help to design and build a small portable audio amplifier for use with an iPod and high quality headphones. The problem is the amp I need is not just any portable amp - what I need a portable amp with some fairly new and unique customisations.

The problem is I am not an expert in building high quality audio equipment. So I have come to this forum in the ardent hope that I can find someone who is able to help.

At the very least I would like to commission someone to build this amp for me. I can give them very exact specifications and the amp should be relatively easy to build - since it uses a lot of pre-existing technology. This could and might only be the full extent of any relationship. Further if the Amp should prove innovative enough and if I can come up with a convincing and exiting enough design for it, I might like to take a crack at marketing the amp to a large manufacturer. But that is neither here nor there for the moment. I don't want to scare anyone off by making them feel that I am enticing them into some kind of business deal. All I need right now is for someone to help me actually build the amp - and then if they are interested perhaps we might talk about the possibility of taking the design further in a more formal way. (If they are not interested in taking it further, I might opt to simply pay/buy the design from them and try try to market it myself).

Is there anyone on these forums who feels they are suitably qualified to help? To be absolutely clear - all I need is someone who is highly skilled and who is capable of making the kind of high quality tobacco/sweet tin type amps I have read about frequently on several audio emthusiasts forums in the past and - who has good medium to advanced electronics electronic engineering skills and who also has the capability of producing really very high quality work. I am preferably looking for someone to assist me in the UK - but anywhere in Europe, or the world is perfectly OK too.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be very much appreciated.

GJ

Can't anyone please help out? It really is quite a simple project. (At least the initial stages of building the amp are).

As I said, I would be more than happy to compensate anyone who helped for their time.

There is absolutely no comittment required on anyone's part, other than building a fairly simple amp to my own specifications.

Again, if anyone can assist - or even offer advice - your input would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

GJ

Thanks guys. Just to get things moving, can anyone who is able to help please email me at raid517ATukonline.co.uk (replace AT with @)

This should be a fairly simple prototype - so it should really be a relatively quick and simple task to achieve.

If you do email me, can you please give me some details about yourself, such as age, location, experience and so on.

Also if anyone here is familiar with the various regulations concerning IP (or intellectual property) this might be helpful too - as there will probably be a small requirement to respect each other's IP begore proceeding.

Thanks for the great response guys!

GJ

Hi, could Lukas who responded to this thread and who sent an email to me offering his services please provide an alternative contact address? I tried to email you a response to your last email Lukas, but your ISP is being a little over zealous and has blocked me for sending you three emails (in response to your three) in the space of an hour.

You didn't give your forum user name here, otherwise I would have PM'd you instead.

GJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.