Digitally controlled preamp/headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Russ White said:

Hi Alessandro,
Is it possible for you to post some pictures of the top and bottom of the board? Close up would be great.

I am sorry you are having rouble. Lets see if we can get you fixed up.

Cheers!
Russ

I had some problem's doing the PSU board there was a mix up for one of the parts But i figured it out. Would you like me to post the small broblem ?

Oooppss...Maybe these are better...

Attachments

• 19-03-06_1624.jpg
    19-03-06_1624.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 851
The short circuit on the output is even when circuit is powered.
However I have a doubt on my trafo wiring (for 230v) : I linked together Black and Red, violet/yellow to AC--and secondary (as picture on diyaudio forum) on connector from left:green/red and brown together on center/blue. Is it right?
So,here attached better picture of my kookaburra::bawling:

Okay, I think you have two unrelated issues.

First, the short on the output isn't really a short. I think you have a bad PIC (no code) and the outputs are just at ground potential (no signal). New PIC on the way.

Your trafo wiring is also wrong for 220V primaries.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You should tie the black and red primaries together (and to nothing else), then connect your AC to the yellow and violet. The way you have it, you are providing 24V to the Kook. The VRegs shoudl handle that okay, but the relay is before the regs, and may have been damaged.

After you fix the wiring, listen for the relay clicking at power-up. If it does not click, I will send you a new one.

Ok Brian,
I have explained badly: I have tie the black and red primaries together (and to nothing else) and I have connected AC to the yellow and violet. Therefore I measured 15.4-0-15.3 on secondary (green--red/brown--blue)to kookaburra.
I listen for the relay and I heard click (light sincerely)at power up
and nothing other....:cannotbe::whazzat:

Brian your mail folder is full. i tried to reply to the "potential problem with kooka" mail saying that mine appears to be one of the non programmed ones. anyways the mail was bounced.
"The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full"

i had another question as well

are these the same relays as can be used on kooka?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-12V-OMRON-G6...ryZ36328QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best regards
Neutron7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.