Digitally controlled preamp/headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my schematic. I left off the audio stuff cuz it's really just some opamps that I'm using for buffers. I really hope you can help. I'm getting a very VERY distorted output (seen on scope.)

Attachments

• vc schematic.gif
    vc schematic.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 862
breez said:
Russ White,

If you don't mind asking, how did you implement the sleep/wake up with PIC? I can't think of an easy way to wake up on pot turn.

Referring to this comment early from this thread:

Keep in mind, I was a complete beginner with PIC programming at the beginning of the thread. :)

I think I was simply mistaken when I posted that, as I can tell you with certainty it is not possible without modifying the circuit significantly or using a different PIC controller. What I probably meant was that no serial communication to the PGA was happening unless the pot position changed, which is true.

You would use a comparator and a change notification pin, if you had one available for input.

There is also another newby mistake I made regarding the zsen pin in my initial design, but its pretty harmless. :) The astute will see it right away (As some already have). The pin that is supposed to be driving it is an input only pin. Rookie mistake.

Cheers!
Russ

So on the outside chance someone might be able to help me I thought I'd take a shot and ask.

I bought a Kook kit last year and for various reasons just got around putting it together and can't get it to work. I then read that some of the PICs were inadvertantly shipped without being programmed. How do I figure out if this is the problem? If it is, I how do I go about getting it programmed? Before someone suggest I e-mail Russ..let me say I did and am still waiting for a reply.

Thx

Mike

Hi,

when I try to compile the C code with Hitech PCCC, it shows the following error:

Executing: "C:\HT-PIC\BIN\PICC.EXE" -C -E"pga2311.cce" "pga2311.c" -O"pga2311.obj" -Zg9 -O -ASMLIST -Q -MPLAB -12F683
Error[000] D:\pga2311\pga2311.c 72 : undefined identifier: TRIS1
Error[000] D:\pga2311\pga2311.c 73 : undefined identifier: TRIS2
Error[000] D:\pga2311\pga2311.c 74 : undefined identifier: TRIS3
Error[000] D:\pga2311\pga2311.c 75 : undefined identifier: TRIS4
Error[000] D:\pga2311\pga2311.c 76 : undefined identifier: TRIS5

How can I define the TRIS1-5?
Actually, what TRIS1-5 are?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for clearing it up, Russ. I think I won't bother adding any external circuitry for my own project (a no frills 8 channel volume control).

Hi breez,

I'm a bit late to the party but hopefully you will pick this up.

A no-frills, 8 channel (preferably analogue?) volume control is exactly what I am looking for, to go between my miniDSP unit and 8 amp channels.

Is what you implemented suitable for this? If so, can you give me more details?

Thanks,

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.